Congrats on a nice ram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's awesome. Way to go.

Jeff

Comment

Beautiful country and ram. Congrats.

Comment

Super Duper! Beautiful man congratulations!

Comment

Wow, awesome accomplishment!

Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Fantastic!!!

Congrats

Comment

Thanks all ! This was a frustrating hunt in some aspects. I had access to some land locked state and BLM lands to hunt along with a large WHMA across the highway. Also a landowner over in elk area 7 grants trespass fee access to public lands and I had it, anyone with an area 7 tag can get elk access to landlocked public as well.
                          The ranch we work for has many sheep but the owners wife says no sheep hunting.
                          These rams finally went where we could hunt them.
                          The stalk wasn't hard but the pack down was steep and granite gravel for walking. Sore feet and legs today.

I made a 75 yard offhand shot as the rams were bedded and only got up when I moved in. He gave me the Texas Heart shot and I hit him hard but no reaction. I fired again and missed as they went away. After a bad decision to go look where we thought they went, no sheep, we backtracked to the shot spot and found blood. Followed it around and he had circled back to about 100 yards from his bed, died on the ridge right below his bed.
                          I can't even describe the feeling of knowing you hit a sheep and not initially finding him. When the blood trail picked up he was bleeding good.
                          The bullet entered his backside off to the right a tad and traveled full body , we found it just under the skin at the chest . They are impressive animals on the ground, deep chested but the quarters are not huge. His head and cape were heavier than any quarter, I'll weigh it today.

Our whole hunting season was centered around my sheep tag so now on to deer and cow elk, whitetails too.

Wyoming has some great areas for DIY sheep hunting, some are very rugged but we have some great areas that can be hunted on foot. Anyone with max sheep PP could draw a DIY area and take a great ram without paying an outfitter and saving $10,000. That is how much one local outfitter charges on the adjacent property to where I took mine.

Comment

Wow, that’s a dream hunt. Congratulations!!

Comment

Thanks for the write up and congratulations on a awesome DIY sheep hunt!!!

Comment

Awesome. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X