No announcement yet.

Bow Hunting Out of Tripod Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have several set up from 8’ to 24’. I seem to be the only one who will hunt the 24’ sets so far...

Comment

Tripods are great. The 12’ tripod at Academy is solid. Comfortable. Heavy....once it is put together it is not easy to move around.

Comment

I love bowhunting from a tripod or treestand. Being up close and personal with an animal out in open is awesome! That being said, I’ve got more of a permanent blind this year, and gotta say, come December I’m really looking forward to being able to get in there with the heater going. Lol

I’ll still sit my tripod because I enjoy it so much, but it’s nice to have something else for cold/rainy weather.

I have 2 strongbuilt 12’ tripods that I just left the bottom extension legs off. It makes it about 6’ to the seat. It’s kind of bulky and not as easy to move around as some of the others, but they’ve been good tripods for over 10 years.
        Last edited by TheHammer; 06-27-2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Love hunting out of tri/quad pods. We built several of our own about 10 yrs ago or so. Knocked out 5 in one weekend. 4 of them are about 10' high and one is about 15' high. We set them about 15-20 yds from the feeders and its awesome to sit there and have deer actually bump into the leg of the stand and never know that you are sitting there. Makes for some really cool sits. For whatever reason I do not enjoy hunting out of pop-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam G. View Post
            Summit tripod. Can be 12' or 16'. Durable and quiet. Has a nice size platform too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            I have one of these and it has served me well over the last 8 year's.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

One I welded up, and one feeder I made.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chootem View Post
                I have several set up from 8’ to 24’. I seem to be the only one who will hunt the 24’ sets so far...
                My dad has an issue with heights, climbed about halfway up my 16' and said no way. If he ever got to 24' it would take a crane and a pry bar to get him down.

Comment

Love hunting out of tripods. Have several of different makes and heights. The Woodsey Quadpods are probably my favorite.

Comment

I do, but I like to stand up, so I use one with a big platform. I think I got it at Academy and it came with a gun rail that I just never installed.

Comment

I’ve hunted more out of tripods than any other platform. I actually prefer them until I got a Krivoman. No brand preference for me really.

I’ve always shot seated unless i was forced to stand in order to get a better angle.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I love my Krivo, but my favorite way to bow hunt is from tripods. The trick is to set them up in a way where you are concealed enough not to get busted while still having shooting lanes. Optimally, I like to put one in the middle of a thick live oak mott then trim just enough branches to give me 1 or 2 lanes. I will also stretch camo netting or burlap across in front of me at a height where I can just shoot over it. I tend to fidget a lot and that helps block movement.

Comment

Tripods I have used....

Millennium T100 - most comfortable seat
                          South Texas Tripods - least expensive of the ones I listed
                          Woodsey Quad - quad pod and heavy - 95lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                            My favorite is the Woodsey Too Quadpod.

http://www.woodseytoo.com/catalog/3/quad-pods
                            I love mine!!

Comment

Yep--got 2 home builts and two manufactured ones, though the mfr ones are quad-pods. No ideal who the mfr is though I bough one from Sportsman's guide--a 16-footer.

Comment

Tripods are all I hunt in. Swivel chair is a must!

Comment

Working...
                                X