Lack of cell phone service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of cell phone service

We recently bought some property and there isn’t any cell service away from the house. Is there any thing we can do so that I would be able to get cell coverage at the back part of the property?

Check cell phone service for your provider. My son has T-Mobile and has spotty service. I have ATT and have good service.

Comment

We are in the process of moving to a new house about 10 miles away..... spotty, if any AT&T at the new place. Switched to Verizon and now have decent service

Comment

External antennas on Amazon might work. But agree that provider makes a huge difference.

Comment

The family has att and the wife has Verizon for work and neither one of them have service. My dad has straight talk and he gets signal at the back of the property. I was of the belief that straight talk doesn’t have there own systems/towers and they use other companies equipment. I guess it’s back to the good old walkie-talkies
          Last edited by switchbackxt; 05-01-2019, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
            External antennas on Amazon might work. But agree that provider makes a huge difference.
            I have a cell booster in the cabin and it works while in or very close to the cabin. Looking for something like a repeater so I can get signal while out in the woods.

Comment

I bought a “weboost drive” and mountered it in a box with a feeder battery to power it. But in areas with no signal there is nothing to boost. As stated, start with finding the best carrier in your area then get a quality booster.

Comment

NO cell service?? You sir, have hit the jackpot with that property!!

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
                  The family has att and the wife has Verizon for work and neither one of them have service. My dad has straight talk and he gets signal at the back of the property. I was of the belief that straight talk doesn’t have there own systems/towers and they use other companies equipment. I guess it’s back to the good old walkie-talkies
                  Straight talk doesn't have their own towers, so find out which provider your dad's phone uses and go from their. Straight talk uses ATT and verizon and maybe others too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
                    NO cell service?? You sir, have hit the jackpot with that property!!
                    I agree, except that when I want to go there when work is slow I can’t because I still need to be reachable. Other than that reason, I like being unreachable

Comment

I use this 12V booster on my lease all the time...It it much more powerful than my phone cell antenna and will give me signal where I don't normally have it in my vehicle or in my blind with a 12 feeder volt battery. I also added a better antenna for less than $20 on Amazon.

Drive Sleek is our in-vehicle cell signal booster for single users. It can boost coverage for any phone that fits within it. Learn more here!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the better antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                          Thanks for the heads up on the better antenna.

Welcome....that was recommended to me by WeBoost themselves for my blind in the dead hole and it works like a champ.

I just noticed it was $21.....I think I paid $16.99 for it so pardon the less than $20 comment above..

Comment

No cell service of any kind at my place. Had to get Hughesnet satellite wifi and satellite land line. Not great, but can communicate.

Comment

Smart, I assume that system works without the phone in the cradle right?

Comment

Working...
                              X