Mountain Lion Parker county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tef View Post
    We had an issue here, friend almost lost her horse from it. Had all the nay sayers like most of you saying it wasn't a cat. Game warden and biologist took one look at the horse and said mountain lion. We tried to trap it, call it in, baited for it, but no luck.
    If this thread is any indication can't trust a GW's opinion on anything. I am not 100% sure what caused that mark, looks like another horse to me. But it dang sure wasn't a bobcat.

It is not uncommon for ranchers that live and work outside in Lion country to rarely/never see them, only their tracks. That is a fact. If there are Lions in Parker county you are unlikely to see one except on Game Cam.

Comment

Maybe one was hiding in the bushes while the other snuck up from behind and scratched it. I hope it is ok that's makes me sad.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        Who said?
        Certainly not you lol.
        The biologist and warden that investigated my friends attack.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
          If this thread is any indication can't trust a GW's opinion on anything. I am not 100% sure what caused that mark, looks like another horse to me. But it dang sure wasn't a bobcat.

It is not uncommon for ranchers that live and work outside in Lion country to rarely/never see them, only their tracks. That is a fact. If there are Lions in Parker county you are unlikely to see one except on Game Cam.
          Nice response lol

Comment

Certainly not you lol.
            The biologist and warden that investigated my friends attack.
            Game warden and biologist said they attack a horse from the rear end? You ever think that the rear end of a horse is a very dangerous point to attack? Lots of muscles and big hooves to kick you with. Horses got big old necks and big old veins in them necks, if you was gonna snatch up on to horse to kill it what area would you go for.

Here son read up.

Last edited by Radar; 01-10-2019, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Maybe one was hiding in the bushes while the other snuck up from behind and scratched it. I hope it is ok that's makes me sad.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
              I bet it was them dang bigfeets with rakes

Comment

All I know is if someone who didn’t know any better read TBH they would think there were mountain lions behind every tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  All I know is if someone who didn’t know any better read TBH they would think there were mountain lions behind every tree.

At least nobody has heard one scream!!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    At least nobody has heard one scream!!

“Sounds just like a woman in trouble!”

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      “Sounds just like a woman in trouble!”

My mom lived in a log house in Oregon during part of her childhood. She said it sure was frightening to hear one scream at night real close to the house. Her dad and brothers worked in the forests and at that time the forests were still pretty thick in that area.

Comment

I think Barb Wire

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          Game warden and biologist said they attack a horse from the rear end? You ever think that the rear end of a horse is a very dangerous point to attack? Lots of muscles and big hooves to kick you with. Horses got big old necks and big old veins in them necks, if you was gonna snatch up on to horse to kill it what area would you go for.

Here son read up.

https://tpwmagazine.com/nature/media...lion-guide.pdf
                          Well shoot, they should have called you son.
                          After reading the article, it clearly states they rarely attack large livestock, but it can happen. The cat's intent is obviously to get to the neck, however it would be extremely difficult on a large horse, so they try to cripple it to the ground so gain access to the throat. Their horse had multiple deep scratch marks all along its back, hips. It barely survived. Had the owner not heard the commotion and walked outside, it would have killed it. By crushing its throat. Im sure the warden and biologist, and horse owner who all saw the cuts and tracks, and aftermath are wrong, probably making it up. Sorry I infused a little collaboration with the op, he's probably lying too. So continue on dismantling his story since there are so many experts on here. Have a good day.

Comment

I think barn tin. Probably backed up under it, wound gets deeper as it goes up. ?

Comment

Well shoot, they should have called you son.
                              After reading the article, it clearly states they rarely attack large livestock, but it can happen. The cat's intent is obviously to get to the neck, however it would be extremely difficult on a large horse, so they try to cripple it to the ground so gain access to the throat. Their horse had multiple deep scratch marks all along its back, hips. It barely survived. Had the owner not heard the commotion and walked outside, it would have killed it. By crushing its throat. Im sure the warden and biologist, and horse owner who all saw the cuts and tracks, and aftermath are wrong, probably making it up. Sorry I infused a little collaboration with the op, he's probably lying too. So continue on dismantling his story since there are so many experts on here. Have a good day.
                              I don’t doubt your story, but if some deep scratches nearly killed it, it must have been one of them tiny miniature horses

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                                Mountain lions only have 4 claws. Can't tell if that small one on the left is a 5th claw mark.

4 primaries + 1 catch claw(inside and above the paw) = 5..[emoji1360]

Comment

Working...
                                X