Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
    Jake,

Yes, the switchlug/axiom combo is no problem. You will not regret the Dasher. I have several reamers depending on what bullet you want to run. The 110 SMK's are killer in ours.
    Cool because I just got a lot of 2500 of them

Comment

Artos,

Looks like QL has the 6.5x55AI listed at 62gr h2o
      I thought it might have the edge due to diameter even though the 55 is a little taller, but not by almost 10gr of water...no wonder she is so efficient.

Comment

Update! First official kill with the 6.5 APR! Fly landed on target when I was shooting groups. The 147 ELD worked well, and I would give it a hard look if you're planning a fly hunt anytime soon. Complete pass-through and still had enough energy to take out the staple on the other side. After this experience, i'd not hesitate to try it on a grasshopper later in the season should the opportunity present itself.

Comment

Update! First official kill with the 6.5 APR! Fly landed on target when I was shooting groups. The 147 ELD worked well, and I would give it a hard look if you're planning a fly hunt anytime soon. Complete pass-through and still had enough energy to take out the staple on the other side. After this experience, i'd not hesitate to try it on a grasshopper later in the season should the opportunity present itself.
          Fly Lives Matter

Comment

Man if you think that is bad you aught to see what a 6.5 Creedmoor does to an elephant.

Haha. Nice shot.

Comment

Seriously making me second guess clambering!

Comment

Welcome to the club...

This is the one & only zero screamer I ever shot...it would be cool to see tbh build up a short benchrest group of sorts.

I was running a good condition and shot the first 4 shots as fast as I could work the gun when the fly landed...told my shooting buddy, "hey doc, look at my target" & he said do it. I did it, but then had a 180 reversal in conditions.

I think it took at least 8 shots in the sighters to drop the 5th into the group...Most folks don't realize what a wind change can do to you even at 100 yards. The 5th shot was a good 3/4"+ different hold than the first 4. You simply cannot shoot groups like this consistently without wind flags.

Again, gonna keep an out & haven't been jazzed up about a round in a long time. I always thought my next walker / rattling gun would be a 6.5x55, but diggin this case for sure.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Seriously making me second guess clambering!
                  It's just crazy that this is FACTORY ammo shooting like this, PLUS doing it while fire-forming in an Ackley chamber! Kudos to Dan and Andy at MullerWorks for another one. I'm honestly in no hurry to work up a load for it I completely realize that this barrel will eventually start picking up speed and the honeymoon will likely be over. There is also the fact that I only have about 3 boxes from this lot#, but I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    Welcome to the club...

This is the one & only zero screamer I ever shot...it would be cool to see tbh build up a short benchrest group of sorts.

I was running a good condition and shot the first 4 shots as fast as I could work the gun when the fly landed...told my shooting buddy, "hey doc, look at my target" & he said do it. I did it, but then had a 180 reversal in conditions.

I think it took at least 8 shots in the sighters to drop the 5th into the group...Most folks don't realize what a wind change can do to you even at 100 yards. The 5th shot was a good 3/4"+ different hold than the first 4. You simply cannot shoot groups like this consistently without wind flags.

Again, gonna keep an out & haven't been jazzed up about a round in a long time. I always thought my next walker / rattling gun would be a 6.5x55, but diggin this case for sure.
                    I remember you posting this a while back, been looking for bugs on the target ever since

Comment

Dang, nice shooting!

Quality craftsmanship also!

Comment

Working...
                      X