No announcement yet.

Filler for shooting bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always filled my bags up with corn cob media for cleaning brass. Packs in good, and is lightweight.

Comment

Nothing is going to beat sand for steadiness. If you want a lightweight bag, go to a craft store and get some plastic beads.

Comment

Used shotgun shell primers...only use I found for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
          I’ve always just rolled up towels or jacket or even a ziplock bag of play sand for a shooting rest in the past. My wife thought I needed to join the 20th century, I didn’t say anything about it being the 21st. She got me a pair of shooting bags from Caldwell for Christmas last year. I figured I oughta at least try them out before this Christmas.

The box says to use rice or cat litter as a filler. I don’t want to take the chance of either filler getting wet and clumping or molding inside the bag.

I’ve been wondering if anyone has used air soft BB’s. There are .12g and .2g plastic BB’s that are pretty cheap. I figure the .2g ones would be lighter when the bag is full due to more airspace, but still give a good sturdy platform to shoot from. Any comments or other suggestions of what’ll work better?

Airsoft BBs work awesome! I took an old long sleeve shirt and cut the sleeves off and then cut them in half. Had my wife sew up one end and I filled them with the plastic BBs and then twisted and sealed the other end with a hog ring. They are light and provide great support plus of they get wet it they dry out really easy as the only material that absorbs water is the cotton outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X