feeder battery tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeder battery tip

just in case you have a 6volt or 12 volt feeder battery not charge ,there is a cover on the top if you look close that pops off with a thin screwdriver or knife then there is rubber caps under the cover that you can take off and fill the compartments with distilled water and a lot of the time the batteries will take a charge then

I've tried that and never had one come back to life most where 4 to 5 years old.

Comment

I replace mine every year. Too far from home and town to have to deal with a $20 dead battery when I show up to hunt.

Comment

Interesting

I’d think with the time and money most dedicate to feeder hunting a new $12 battery would be cheap insurance. Good tip if your in a bind with no new battery option though

Comment

A good tip is that if you don't feed all year long to disconnect the timer from the battery but leave the solar panel connected (if you have it). I have been doing this for 3 years and still have a good battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Interesting

I’d think with the time and money most dedicate to feeder hunting a new $12 battery would be cheap insurance. Good tip if your in a bind with no new battery option though
            If you know a source for $12 batteries let me know. $20 and up is about the cheapest I can find a 12v

Comment

Op said 6 or 12. But nevertheless $20 insurance per year is $1.66 a month to have corn on ground vs time and money ... and cross your fingers.

I’d try in a pinch though, no doubt

$18.50 is what I give for 12v at Hopkins co farmers coop
              Last edited by Low Fence; 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                If you know a source for $12 batteries let me know. $20 and up is about the cheapest I can find a 12v

Comment

good tip thanks for sharing , never know when you might get in a bind and cant get your hands on a new one.

Comment

Working...
                  X