Instructional making your own lighted nocks {Images included}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ron View Post
    Thanks this was a lot of help, now if I can just find the lights.....

Thanks again
    Originally posted by Ron View Post
    Thanks this was a lot of help, now if I can just find the lights.....

Thanks again
    Academy has them Ron. Also i would try a nice tackle outlet.
    Use Red or Yellow and you will have bright ones.
    I have noticed in 2 different academys in my area that one has yellow and the other has red and green. And not very many on the hook.
    Either bow hunters wiping them out or fishermen really buy them lol.

Comment

THANKS for taking the time to post the pictures and instructions!!!!! I just finished making 2 of them, both work great and they were EASY to make...

Comment

Absolutely outstanding TomKat07... Thank you...

Comment

If you're having trouble finding lights, I have 10 of them. $3.50 ea tyd.

Comment

Tomkat thank you again for posting this how to. I made my first one tonight and went out and tested it, I could only shoot at ten yards due to distance constraints, but it worked great. Combine these with my Cobra Boomslang sight with light on low and a good light and itll be deadly for hogs. I was a little worried about how it may affect arrow flight but I didnt notice any problems at 10 yards. I have enough lights to make 5 more, So looks like I have a project for tomorro to finish up 5 more arrows.

Calvin

Comment

This must be catching on or something, because I've gone to several different stores and they either didn't sell them and the ones that did had empty shelves where they should of been found.

Comment

will try this Thanks

Comment

Did this work?

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMqLT-4ezzk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMqLT-4ezzk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

I give up!

Originally posted by Nman77 View Post
                  If you found this confusing as in just having pictures here is a link.
                  Aight link didnt work came up as stars...
                  Go on youtube and type in Homemade Lighted Nock.
                  (if someone wants to embed would be appreciated)

I just built 3 last night. All three worked. Make sure that when you do the lightbulb side glueing to not put too much glue on but make sure to get all 360 degrees around. I didnt on one and had to modify it so that a piece of paper slid up the side and tightened it up.

Easy to build and good on $$.

Last edited by Ohio Darin; 02-11-2009, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Step 19:
                    *Do not twist your lighted nock to line it up, you will break it.
                    Sounds like the voice of experience!

Thanks for the great how-to you posted. I checked the Cali game regs, and they should be legal to use. I know they're not legal for hunting in Colorado, they clarified their regulations in 2008 making them illegal. I don't know why, just they are.

Comment

No sir,

Have not broken one yet.
                      That information comes from a great video of making these.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Great post! Much easier than other methods I've read about.

Comment

Thanks for posting? Really good job. Makes it sound easy.

Comment

thanks for the post. I read it last night and picked material from Academy this morning... just made my first one and works GREAT.... the first one took a little time, but once you get the hang of it, will be much easier...
                            Happy shooting!

Comment

Works much better than what I was doing. Thanks!

Comment

works great i did some myelf

Comment

Working...
                                X