ZUIK build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZUIK build up

My nephew (15) picked this Zuik up last summer in trade for some hard, manual labor. He just turned 16, so he traded it to my dad for a chevy pickup........Win/Win situation.

My dad started this job a few weeks ago without me, so I don't have a whole lot of startup pics.

The plan:
    Tune-up
    New exhaust
    Fix cracked timing cover
    Fold Down window kid
    Install high rack from Mule
    Install front rack
    Remove doors
    Build some kind of roof similar to our mules.
    LED light bars front & back
    Road feeder

We've got most all done, and are currently working on the roof. Don't be hatin' on our booty-fab roof frame. It will look good once the aluminum top is on.

My dad picked up some LED's from Plashlights.com yesterday. He has the Rigid on his mule, so we shall see how the cheaper LED's compare. In the pics they're just sitting up there for mock-up purposes.

Anyway.....Here some pics......will update as we go. Trying to get it knocked out so we can haul it up there nextweekend.
    Attached Files

I love projects like these. Following.

Comment

Got the roof frame welded out. It's solid! Gonna be 3 weeks untill the roof is finished.

We have a swing out feeder my dad built years ago that's gonna work perfect with the Sammy tailgate. We're gonna square it up, & weld it on permanently, and incorporate a trAiler hitch into it.

Comment

I had to work yesterday, and this is what I came home to. My dad was hard at it yesterday!

Ita removeable, & He incorporated the window latches to keep it steady. Horseshoes for drink holders.

Still have to clean it up some, and de-burr the edges. But I like it!

Comment

how do you open the hood now? edit* missed the latches to remove.
          Last edited by mctjeep; 03-30-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Got the roof yesterday! The sheet metal guy said he was 3 weeks out, & he was dead on! Love it when someone does what hey say they will do!

Anyway......here are some mocked up pics. The roof rack is taller than we wanted......But other than that we're pleased. Time to paint her, bolt her on, & get the LED bars mounted. :d

Comment

Buggy Build

Nice Build...I like it. Who did your roof?

Thanks,

Comment

Looking good

Comment

that thing is soo cool. way to go!

Comment

A guy in el campo. He doesn't advertise that I know of, but he will build you just about anything u want. I can get his number if your interested. He's real reasonable on his prices.

Comment

Nice build. One idea is to put either a gun rest or have an area for bipod on the roof for the high back seats.

Comment

I like it.

What the devil are those PVC deals with the plugs in the background????

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          I like it.

weed wick bar. I did a DIY thread on it. im gonna be putting it to use before too much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I like it.

Ha! I was wondering the same thing while I was scrolling through.

And to the OP - Nice rig.

Comment

LED light bar........check!

Comment

Working...
                              X