Compound Barebow Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compound Barebow Question

Alright, I know that I am eventually going to have to try it & the time is upon me. I am about to go hybrid-trad. I am new to bowhunting this year & am just trying to make sure I know what I am doing before I attempt to modify my compound bow.

I am going to shoot my compound without sights. I like this method because I get the speed of a compound, I already own a compound w/matching arrows, I get to use a trigger release, etc. all while enjoying the freedom of trad shooting. Basically I am going to shoot Ted Nugent style minus the black tape on the grip.

I do have some questions though.

1. Does it matter if I just leave my peep sight on my string & ignore it until I can buy a new string?

2. Do I need to take the stabilizer off the front of my bow?

3.Do my arrows need to be modified or should they work the same as they did when I had sights on my bow?

4. When I shoot barebow, do I HAVE to cant my bow?

Just take the sight off- stare at what you want to hit- and let it rip. I would start at about 5 to 7 yards- I shot a compound like this for many years.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

You really don't even have to take the sight off if you can ignore it, although I probably wood because on most bows it is easy. Leave everything else the same as glen said.

Comment

Cool- I can't wait to try it. I think I can get accurate to about 10-15 yards if I go at it hardcore for a month.

Comment

One thing is a constant truth. "FORM"

You must establish a consistant repeatable form and stick to it. Though we and many compound users go without sights, we're not just chunking arrows. Well, maybe "Chunky", but not the rest of us. I've heard its easiest to get a good release by pulling to the back of the letoff. Don't know for fact, that's just what I've been told. If you're using a rest, then I don't see why you would have to cant the bow. The key is to have properly tuned arrows to your bow with sound shooting form. If your arrows don't fly consistant, then you won't shoot consistant.

Have fun with it, that's what I do with my stickbow.

Comment

Will it screw up my already properly tuned arrows if I take sights off the bow?

Comment

No,I would'nt see how that would effect anything,just watch your arrows in flight or have someone stand behind and watch,either that or you can try to bare shaft your shafts.

Comment

Working...
                X