Any Tundra owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Tundra owners?

Looking at a new tundra. What's the good and bad for the guys who have them?

I have a 2017 and so far have no complaints. Lousy fuel mileage (15 mpg) but that doesn't matter to me.

Comment

The only negative is the fuel mileage. It's not that bad though, I think I average around 15, and that's a good mix of city and highway.

Comment

I like mine tons of power for what I do now ie flat towing my 81cj, small utility trailer, ample room inside with the crew max. The bad radio antenna broke off one morning when I was scraping ice off the window, rubber stripping is coming off driver side window more of a dry rot, bad gas mileage but that is a known fact on these machines. This is a 2011 and I am second owner bought in 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked up my 2018 last week. 300 miles on it so far. Going from a F150 to it was a little bit of an adjustment. I'm liking it more and more each day. I'm sitting 6" up on 35" Toyos, 5.7L with 3.90 gears. Stop and go traffic has my mileage sucking gass.

Comment

2012 that is almost to 100k miles. No issues at all since i bought it. Poor fuel mileage and a small tank are my only gripes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
              Picked up my 2018 last week. 300 miles on it so far. Going from a F150 to it was a little bit of an adjustment. I'm liking it more and more each day. I'm sitting 6" up on 35" Toyos, 5.7L with 3.90 gears. Stop and go traffic has my mileage sucking gass.

Do you have any pics? I am contemplating lifting mine

Comment

Comment

My transmission died at 120k miles. They are normally bullett proof. I wish I was out of this truck

Comment

2000 Tundra with 335k miles...my kids have the new vehicles

Comment

Newer ones (2016 - current) have bigger gas tanks which is good.

Only thing I don't care for other than gas mileage is the leather seats are stiff.

Comment

2007 280k no issues just keep up with the maintenance

Comment

2017 limited. Gas mileage sucks. Factory premium radio sucks. Electronics suck in general on the truck compared to other vendors. Remote start sucks. You can start it but when you unlock the doors to get in it turns the motor off... cool feature the back window rolls down. Wife says the ride is smoother then my 2011 fx4. I put 30 bags of corn it and was surprised how much it squatted the truck. Assuming it is as reliable as people say those are small trade offs after 2 fords in a row that spent a lot of time in the shop. I have 10k on it so far. If you decide to get the extended warranty there is a dealership out of Colorado that sells them online much cheaper

Comment

Any Tundra owners?

2014 tundra crew cab 5.7 4x4. Stupid amount of power and torque for a half ton. Super roomy inside the truck front and back. A/c will freeze you out and heat will bake a turkey. The posi-trac saved my bacon on black ice pulling a trailer. Steered me straight and back in my lane before I could blink. Not much road noise. Very comfortable ride. Will tow anything and then some for me.

Cons: lower fuel mileage. Paint is very easily scratched so don't get black like I did. Also, if you get 4x4 and put it in 4 high, TURN OFF THE LIMITED SLIP AND POSI-TRAC!!!! If you don't you will burn up a gear in the tranny if running in 4x4 and loose traction. Trust me, I know. And it was 100% from this.

Comment

Any Tundra owners?

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
                              Just as I figured it's awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X