No announcement yet.

Anyone go to first point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been there but hunted right across the highway. From what I have been told by people that have hunted there, is that it is a tough hunt. Only a few feeders and you must put up your own blind. We know how that works putting up a blind on a spot that hasn't been fed???? They have some spots that they feed but only a few, so take your chances you could see a monster or you might not see much at all. Good country down there,if i were going to go it would not be late season. Hard to bow hunt in one or only two days. my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
      Never been there but hunted right across the highway. From what I have been told by people that have hunted there, is that it is a tough hunt. Only a few feeders and you must put up your own blind. We know how that works putting up a blind on a spot that hasn't been fed???? They have some spots that they feed but only a few, so take your chances you could see a monster or you might not see much at all. Good country down there,if i were going to go it would not be late season. Hard to bow hunt in one or only two days. my two cents.

Each pasture has at least 3 feeders and roads that are corned every night. The deer are smart. When my son and I went, we would use existing brush blinds there a a lot scattered around.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Each pasture has at least 3 feeders and roads that are corned every night. The deer are smart. When my son and I went, we would use existing brush blinds there a a lot scattered around.
        If you are sitting in a bow blind you don't want them to corn the roads you need corn in front of the blinds.

Comment

If you are sitting in a bow blind you don't want them to corn the roads you need corn in front of the blinds.

Ok, just telling you what works. For me anyway. The corn is sparse on the road and they travel the roads. If you do corn, dont overdo it and don't have any piles.
          Last edited by Graysonhogs; 10-21-2016, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Yep. Put a big pile right in front of you. The bigger the better. Or you can try what others have said that have hunted there before.

Comment

^

Comment

I'll be out there this weekend boys! Field report forthcoming........

Comment

Rola, how'd it go?

Comment

im headed out there today for the first time

Comment

Good luck Scott. If you have service keep us updated.

Comment

Can't wait for some reports! Thinking about goin next week

Comment

Thanks Sideler...I will keep you updated

Comment

What pasture did you get Scott?

Comment

Not sure yet...I am meeting up with Bo in the morning

Comment

Anyone got any advice for me??

Comment

Working...
                                X