No announcement yet.

15 Minutes in Mexico!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!! One of these days i'll get to do that. Thats an awesome experience and to have your dad there is simply breath taking. Thanks for sharing it with us Hunter.

Ray

Comment

Congrats, hell of a buck. I doubt if he spells, but if he did he would spell his name Gerardo, or Jerry in English.

Did you fly into Hermosillo or drive down from Tucson?

Who is your outfitter? Sounds like a hunt some friends went on last year. I hunt about 30 minutes south of Sasabe, which is also about 30 minutes south of America.

Comment

beautiful trophies

Comment

Incredible place and animals. Any details of the outfitter?

Comment

15 Minutes in Mexico!

Originally posted by kingchip View Post
            Congrats, hell of a buck. I doubt if he spells, but if he did he would spell his name Gerardo, or Jerry in English.

Did you fly into Hermosillo or drive down from Tucson?

Who is your outfitter? Sounds like a hunt some friends went on last year. I hunt about 30 minutes south of Sasabe, which is also about 30 minutes south of America.

I spell it like it sounds!

We flew to Hermosillo.

Outfitter only runs 15-20 hunters a year. Usually about 10 Americans and 10 Mexicans. Pretty much all repeat customers and word of mouth friend of a friend deals. No website and no marketing for the most part.
            Last edited by TildenHunter; 11-30-2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

15 Minutes in Mexico!

After several days of
              Scouting various locations around the ranch, I finally found a mature deer but he wasn't what my dad was looking for. A really cool deer with extra dagger points inside his forks. I nailed him on video and I will post when I get all other footage edited.

Typical view from a rifle stand.

Typical bow stand set up.

Amazing sunset. The picture does not do it justice!

Really cool house on the backside of the ranch about 45 minutes from the main camp.

My dad did draw some blood though! Made a heck of a shot on this coyote. There were a bunch of them roaming that country.

My dad didn't get a buck this time but he is going back in January to try and fill his tag.
              Just a great place to spend some time. Hope to see it again some time!
              Last edited by TildenHunter; 11-30-2015, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Amazing hunt! Great read with some awesome pictures

Comment

A very prominent friend of mine from Corpus hunted last year down there. Just curious. Thanks.

Comment

Good Grief! Incredible buck! Congrats!

Comment

15 Minutes in Mexico!

Originally posted by kingchip View Post
                      A very prominent friend of mine from Corpus hunted last year down there. Just curious. Thanks.

Very well could be at same place. I am going to refrain from listing any contact info for outfitter since we were invited on this hunt and it isn't my place to give out that info.
                      Last edited by TildenHunter; 11-30-2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Heck of a hunt!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Deer of a lifetime! Congrats!

Comment

That's an Awesome Buck, Congrats!! Great story also.

Comment

thanks for taking us along! congrats on a muley of a lifetime!

Comment

Congrats!! That deer is a stud!!

Comment

Working...
                                X