Woodsman Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodsman Broadheads

Any one here have experience with them? Bought two packs from 3Rivers. Going to see how the fly. Not super sharp out of the package but hopefully I can remedy that.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

They are awesome heads

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
      They are awesome heads
      That's the kind of feedback I wanna hear. [emoji106]

Comment

Mine fly real well and are easy to sharpen. However, the tip will curl on you if you hit something hard. It helps if you put a pyramid point on them, but I have totaled a few when they hit a rock.

Comment

Not a fan. First thing to do is take the needle point angle down to a pyramid shape, the needle is too fragile for bone hits. Due to the blade angles they won't get as shaving sharp as a good 2 blade.
          These are the glue on, or with the aluminum adapter. If you get the one piece unvented version they are definitely an improvement, but still not as easy to get shaving sharp.

Comment

These are the new all steel screw in version.

Comment

Go to YouTube and type woodsman broadhead, the second video is a guy shooting one through a coconut. They look like good broadheads.

Comment

I have two blade heads. I hate the blood trails with them.

Comment

I have been shooting Woodsman "Elites" for several years now. Since I only pull 50lbs I was a little concerned about shooting a three blade, but I have had no problems with penetration. Here is how I sharpen them

Comment

Jerp those are like the ones I got. If I can't get them with a fine Arkansas stone I will try that.

Comment

The new all steel screw in versions are call "Woodsman Elites'.
                      They are made by VPA, and you won't find many better, or as good for that matter.
                      They are easy to sharpen too.

Follow the instructions in this video, and you can sharpen them up real good, quick, and easy. https://youtu.be/VU_n71Fx7MY

Rick

P.S.
                      Don't laugh at my hickiness too much.

Comment

These are the ones.

Comment

Man Rick I think they should come out okay with a diamond stone followed up with an Arkansas stone. I've done some work with one on the diamond and it's pretty dang sharp so far.

If I have to use a file to get a broadhead usable right out of the pack I don't think I would buy them more than once. But there was another guy did the same thing. Do you lose much weight on the head doing that?

And you didn't sound hick. Old school maybe. Not hick.

Comment

Haven't tried the elites, have used a lot of the older glue-one, take the needle point down, I had much better luck getting them scary sharp by dragging them across a 12" file to get the cutting edge evened up, take out all the tool marks, bumps, and low spots. After that they'd get sharp enough to cut your eyeball if you looked to hard, only penetration issues were with bone and shield grisle on pigs, those 3 blades didn't like bone most of the time.

Comment

B a s t a r d, mill, what cut?

Comment

Working...
                              X