Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about 3 miles southeast of you.

Comment

If I remember correctly your place was high fenced after your purchase. Are your deer native deer? What was your deer density like before the fence ?

Comment

Originally posted by BM322 View Post
        If I remember correctly your place was high fenced after your purchase. Are your deer native deer? What was your deer density like before the fence ?
        I added 7 breeders to the native that were trapped in.

Before it was roughly 1/12ac

Comment

cool thread just wen through the whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
            Sorry I haven't checked in, my phone has been on the fritz and so I haven't been able to get on. Back at the ranch with a computer now.

We were hit by a tornado a few weeks ago. A lot of big trees down and a few blinds were tossed and destroyed. I'm looking at getting a couple of atascosas before next season.

I put a camera in the front yard, and have been pretty impressed by the Bucks so far. A few appear to have worms, so I will try to dart them in the next couple days. Check out my obese blackbuck below.

I will be in Africa until the 30th, and will update when I return. Thanks for following along.
            Those blackbuck are very cool. Have they been successfully breeding/ population growing? We are in the mesquite country of Shackelford co. and I have wondered how they would do on our HF place. We are at constant war w/ the coyotes, and everything I have read is that coyotes are detrimental to the blackbuck fawns.

They are by far my favorite exotic in TX.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
              Those blackbuck are very cool. Have they been successfully breeding/ population growing? We are in the mesquite country of Shackelford co. and I have wondered how they would do on our HF place. We are at constant war w/ the coyotes, and everything I have read is that coyotes are detrimental to the blackbuck fawns.

They are by far my favorite exotic in TX.
              Yes, I counted at least 6 new babies in the past week.

Coyotes/cold weather can be very hard on them.

Comment

Got 2 deer darted with wormer last night and this morning. Hoping to see a difference in the near future. If they do not have worms, its a rumen problem and is out of my hands.

May be building pens in the very new future to breed fallow deer.

Comment

Hunting this guy Monday. Awesome mass. Will post a picture after the (hopefully) successful hunt.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                    Hunting this guy Monday. Awesome mass. Will post a picture after the (hopefully) successful hunt.
                    Any luck?

Man, you're living the dream. I love following this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                      Any luck?

Man, you're living the dream. I love following this thread
                      Yes sir!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Sippy; 07-30-2016, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I am currently building 8 acres of pens for fallow deer. I have purchased 3 fantastic bucks and 45 doe. My pens will be completed by September 1.

My goal is to make the ranch my sole source of income. This will be an exciting journey.

Comment

Good Luck Sippy!

Comment

Getting very dry out here. A little rain next week has me hopeful!

Fallow pens are starting this week. I will update as more visible progress is made.

Comment

any updates? how are the fallow doing

Comment

been long time.....thread went dry

Comment

Working...
                                X