Buying SBEII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying SBEII

Guys looking for a bit of real world insight here. I hunt with a Benelli M1 now 28 in barrel. Thinking about going to 26 inch barrel.

Who did this and what were the results. Will I see a big difference at 30 yds?

Seems quicker to swing but don't want to give up a ton of distance.

Thoughts?

Thanks y'all

I like the 28" barrel better. Won't hurt on yardage to go shorter, but make sure you follow thru on shots and don't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      I like the 28" barrel better. Won't hurt on yardage to go shorter, but make sure you follow thru on shots and don't stop.
      That makes sense being used to a 28.

Good advice

Comment

Wonder if the recoil would be heavier on the 26 over the 38 sbe2?

I have a 28' but often wondered if I should have gone to a 26 for turkey and etc

Comment

Pattern is probably almost identical .. The swing will be shorter with a 26" and might be find easier to shoulder with other obstacles in way(in duck blind)

Imo - pattern will be nil ..

Comment

26 or 28, don't think it matters much. I have always used 28 myself.

Comment

Always had 28 too, think I'm going to give 26 a run.

Comment

So ended up going 28in in max 5 camo!

Comment

Comment

I use a 24" SBE I.
                    Velocity is already maxed out and the pattern is determined by the last few inches.

Comment

I shoot a 26" out of my 3" A5

Comment

I've gone back and forth, been shooting my Al390 28" for about 8 years now. Absolutely love it, shoot everything with IC choke. Ducks are 3" Faststeel #3 and dove are 2 3/4 #8. For me it is the best shooting setup I have shot. But everybody is different. I plan on shooting that shotgun until I can't hunt anymore.

Comment

Every gun shoots different. The shells and choke you use is what determines what patterns better. My boss shoots a SBE2 and kills geese two telephone poles high using a Dead Coyote choke tube and 3 1/2" Heavi Metal BB.

Comment

Working...
                          X