No announcement yet.

How close is too close from stand to stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My east Texas lease has a 300 yard rule. In certain situations this is too close I.E. pipelines and high lines . We also instituted a blind committee to map our stand locations and approve new stand locations.

Comment

It varies from place to place and terrain plays a big part..
      I know of a place that has 11 stands on it. One for very 40 acres but that's a bit ridiculous..
      I would say 800-1000 yards minimum would be a good start.
      Last edited by PondPopper; 09-22-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
        My east Texas lease has a 300 yard rule. In certain situations this is too close I.E. pipelines and high lines . We also instituted a blind committee to map our stand locations and approve new stand locations.
        We did that at least I was on . The guy running the lease and his family had five or six stands apiece.
        I tried to put a stand up in a creek bottom but there was a old falling down box blind on the road about 260 yrds away.
        They said that belongs to the president of the club
        He hadn't hunted it I'm 4+5 yrs but would not let me put a bow stand back there.

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Comment

That's horrible

Comment

I know rite???
            You should have seen the big azz 6 point he didn't want me to kill
            He was only 22-23 in wide
            Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            That's horrible

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
              We did that at least I was on . The guy running the lease and his family had five or six stands apiece.
              I tried to put a stand up in a creek bottom but there was a old falling down box blind on the road about 260 yrds away.
              They said that belongs to the president of the club
              He hadn't hunted it I'm 4+5 yrs but would not let me put a bow stand back there.

Sorry to hear that. It amazes me ho quick a person goes from following rules to the rule does not apply to me because I’m special. We have a problem growing on our lease right now. We have a paper company lease that has a hous that the company lets us use with he understanding that we take care of it . Last year the electricity bill was running more than $300 a month during deer season. When we took on the house many years ago 28 members started paying $40 a year for electricity. Our problem is about 10 members have moved into the house . They spend every weekend and a good amount of time during the middle of the week. They want everybody to start paying over $100 per membership to pick up their extra electricity bill.my agony is 10 out of 28 members have their own electrical poles. We only us the house for a show and toilets. My recommendation for next season will be for members sleeping in the house should pay a nightly fee. Say $5 or $10 a night. What do you on the green screen think?

Comment

100 yds is plenty

Comment

You were plenty far away. However it was a great idea to agree to move and avoid the drama that would certainly have followed. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                    Sorry to hear that. It amazes me ho quick a person goes from following rules to the rule does not apply to me because I’m special. We have a problem growing on our lease right now. We have a paper company lease that has a hous that the company lets us use with he understanding that we take care of it . Last year the electricity bill was running more than $300 a month during deer season. When we took on the house many years ago 28 members started paying $40 a year for electricity. Our problem is about 10 members have moved into the house . They spend every weekend and a good amount of time during the middle of the week. They want everybody to start paying over $100 per membership to pick up their extra electricity bill.my agony is 10 out of 28 members have their own electrical poles. We only us the house for a show and toilets. My recommendation for next season will be for members sleeping in the house should pay a nightly fee. Say $5 or $10 a night. What do you on the green screen think?
                    It really irritates me when people take advantage of others. I would nip this in the bud asap, and send a letter or communicate with the whole group on the matter. It's time to lay down a set of rules that is fair for all. If $40/year/member is enough to cover the base electrical, then make everyone sign in when they stay and they can pay their share that is over the $40 average.

Comment

I would move as far away as possible, 1/4 mile minimum, 1/2 mile preferred. Just think, if you are both hunting on the same days and he wanted to get out of this blind and rattle or look for a deer. He could be getting too close to you and running off your game. But, I would try to put up an old lean-to or other stand (fake stand) where he could see it (if the terrain allows line of site). Then he thinks you are hunting close to his blind, and doesn't move his setup any closer.

Comment

IMO the distance between stands should basically be determined by the acreage and number of stand locations. You can't have 1000 yards between stands if 8 people are hunting 600 acres. So my question to you would be, how many acres is the property and how many stand locations are there.

Comment

closest we have are about 1/2 mile, but my lease terrain is different than most.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                            IMO the distance between stands should basically be determined by the acreage and number of stand locations. You can't have 1000 yards between stands if 8 people are hunting 600 acres. So my question to you would be, how many acres is the property and how many stand locations are there.

2600 acres. Everyone has their place with boundaries in place being fence, creek, wood line and such. Everyone is allowed 2 stands while some choose to have 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1/2 mile apart.....comical.....so 800 yds between stands, that's just stupid. Oh and thats 800 yds in every direction, that lease would be $10,000 per person.......1 person with a stand in the middle of a square mile (640 acres) is all alone.......

Comment

We leased in sonora, 2400 acres 12 guys, only 5 or 6 could hunt with the distances quoted here

Comment

Working...
                                X