food stamps for cows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
    Teachers have their own program. TRS. they actually can't get both SS and TRS even if they have 40 quarters into the SS system. That is a sore subject for a good many teachers.

And firefighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrambler View Post
      I guess the rancher that leases his land to hunters could double his deer lease fees to make up for the lack of assistance. So be careful for you tough talkers who need other people’s land to hunt on.
      increases are long overdue anyway. if they dont like it, time for a new group.

Comment

I'm paying the same for a sack of grain feed I was last year, so I can't imagine its costing any more the feed one out.
        Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        Cows are still being fed out($$) in the feed lots before butchering

Comment

So, ranchers are getting assistance?
          Free $$?
          Explain please

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

and for the record, he is ok he isn't having to sell, but he doesn't over graze.

[emoji1318]this is key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

food stamps for cows

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
              Cattle ranchers face low prices more often than they do high prices. But when prices go up, like they did a few years ago, lots of people get into it. Then the prices drop and lots of people get out. And the world goes 'round.

Yep. I made this mistake. Got in after the 2011 drought when cows were going for $2500. I knew I was long term so wasn’t super worried but I should have waited. I’m assuming prices will spike again after so many folks sell out and the supply clears through the feedlots. Thanks be to God, my girls are looking good right now but I hope hay prices don’t get crazy. I have about 6 months worth already bought. Shipping some steers to Navasota this weekend. Hope I don’t get bent over.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                Call your local FSA, and ask about the Livestock Forage Disaster Program. It is an insurance, but think you are too late in the game now.

Kind of like being in a car wreck and calling your agent to increase to full coverage from the scene..
                Depending on what county you are, it may be too late to file, even if you paid the premium.

Our paper work had to be turned in last week, for Wise County.

Comment

I don't see much of a difference between a rancher receiving assistance during a major drought or a person receiving assistance from fema during hurricane Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
                    I don't see much of a difference between a rancher receiving assistance during a major drought or a person receiving assistance from fema during hurricane Harvey
                    this makes the most sense.

when someone basses all, or some of there income off mother nature or acts of God, drought, flood, hail storms etc. I don't have any problem with Gov assistance. as quoted, I bet your if home got flooded out in a hurricane you wouldn't turn down that Gov money to help rebuild it.

so, quit busting everyone's balls you bunch of self righteous SOB's if you don't like it, I bet not a farmer one effected by the drought gives two dirty squirts of goose **** what you think!

I have cattle, and yes I have had to sell some, and yes my county has been declared eligible for drought assistance, and yes, I will take what they give me with a smile on my face.

Comment

Farmers/Ranchers make the world go round and will eventually get the last laugh.

Comment

Pray for rain. No corn to feed cattle since all the deer hunters are baiting their deer with corn.

Comment

Every once in a while you need a dentist, every once in a while you need a doctor, 3 times a day you need a farmer/rancher.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Pray for rain. No corn to feed cattle since all the deer hunters are baiting their deer with corn.

LOL!

Comment

This thread isnt interesting. There is a lack of understanding that has no bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                                This thread isnt interesting. There is a lack of understanding that has no bottom.
                                This^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X