Feeder Leg Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder Leg Protection

Buddy of mine tie wraps carpet tack strips on his feeder legs to keep the varnits from climbing on them. Works pretty good on you too when you are helping your buddy erect or tear down. Ouch!

They can have the legs..........

Comment

OUCH!!!! I like that idea!

Comment

That idea would work great till the hogs knocked the feeder over and destroyed all the equipment,and solar panels,,Carpet tack is a great ide

Comment

Hogs an't knocken' that feeder over!

Comment

Hogs? I don'tthink the Taliban could destroy that feeder...looks nice. I also have a friend that used carpet tack strips up the legs...'course he didn't think about the ladder on the feeder!!! Coons just climbed up the ladder...he's a faux aggie (graduated from East Texas State before it became Texas A & M Commerce).

Comment

I guess you dont have hogs like mine...smile,,heck they have knocked over quad pods with me in them LOL,, No that for sure is a good feeder,,the hogs I have around here will root the gegs till its leaning and push them down,,4 legs 2"sched 80 pipe,,I did have to tpost them down..and stilll have had some get knocked over,,,they are fine unless you let it run out of corn

Comment

All four post are welded together at the bottom. They have pushed it around and dug under the post. But never tilted it.

Comment

That's a tank of a feeder. I like it!

Comment

If you T-post it with a 6' post, drive it 3-4' deep.

Comment

We just use coon cuffs to eliminate the problem all together.

Comment

Working...
                      X