Pool excavation Tomball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool excavation Tomball

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a pool. Wanting to eliminate the expensive pool company! Anyone on here know of a reputable pool digger? I'm aware of Azteca just looking for more options.

Thanks

No one?

Comment

I used Owen's Custom Pools outta Ft. Worth....
      They were excellent...

Comment

Are you looking for just dig or get you through the gunite stage?

Comment

Two friends tried this. Didn't end up well for them. I thought about doing the same since I am in construction but decided against it and feel it was money well spent. If and when something goes wrong you only have yourself to look at to fix it. I would recommend getting some type of builders insurance in case you encounter a problem after all your subs are gone. Getting them to show back up to fix a mistake wont be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
            Two friends tried this. Didn't end up well for them. I thought about doing the same since I am in construction but decided against it and feel it was money well spent. If and when something goes wrong you only have yourself to look at to fix it. I would recommend getting some type of builders insurance in case you encounter a problem after all your subs are gone. Getting them to show back up to fix a mistake wont be easy.

What happened with your friends? My ears are open, but after getting quotes I think I can save around $30K. Even if something goes wrong I will have some wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBhuntin View Post
              Are you looking for just dig or get you through the gunite stage?

I'm open, all or parts of it.

Comment

Figure it out and I'll pay you $10k to build mine!

Comment

Jaspermac
                  Pm sent

Comment

I may be able to help you out.

PM sent

Comment

I have a buddy who did this and he didn't have anymore issues than what most people seem to have with pool builders. I will be doing the same this summer. We ate in magnolia so let me see if I can get his subs. I know he had one company that ended up doing alot of the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                        I had a contractor build my pool. They smashed my driveway and busted my sprinkler system. Even though I hired a contractor I still ended up having to fix it myself. (Well the driveway part is still smashed actually.) Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                          I have a buddy who did this and he didn't have anymore issues than what most people seem to have with pool builders. I will be doing the same this summer. We ate in magnolia so let me see if I can get his subs. I know he had one company that ended up doing alot of the work.

Appreciated! I have a few contacts now, but not enough to get it done. I'm ready to move forward. Got. 811 scheduled and a plan in with the hoa. Hoping to get a jump start on the summer time rush.

Comment

I used to be a pool sub.
                            I can assure you that pool builders paid much less than we charged owner builders, Call it a volume discount.
                            I dont think that you save much over a fair price from a competent builder.

i did not, but I know several subs that cut a lot of corners working for owner builders, because they could.

Also, you have problems getting subs to comeback to correct mistakes or do warranty. Many will only come back if you have more jobs for them
                            Last edited by texasair; 02-13-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Pool excavation Tomball

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                              What happened with your friends? My ears are open, but after getting quotes I think I can save around $30K. Even if something goes wrong I will have some wiggle room.

Lol, $30,000!. I am in business....good luck on that. Also, when subs realize you are a homeowner, they jack the price. Plus, if they cause/have problems, they have no reason to go back. I look forward to your build

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X