X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
    28" dl
    How close is the spine at that draw.

I'm fixing to pull the trigger on some carnivors to test. Going to try to push the limit with 75 to 100 gn insert. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Hholland View Post
      I shot the 160ish hog at the end of 13 season w the helix, square through both shoulders. Complete pass through at 20yds and if I remember right my arrow was 560gn,69#-28 1/2dl, don't remember speed. That's the only hog we have shot w helix.
      I was there and it was 1.60 lbs.

Comment

Pretty borderline but they tuned well today with the two hours I got to play with it. Set center shot. Level nock. Fps BH'S together. Lol

Comment

Pretty borderline but they tuned well today with the two hours I got to play with it. Set center shot. Level nock. Fps BH'S together. Lol
          Sounds good. Now it's time to,go hunting

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
            I was there and it was 1.60 lbs.
            nope u pussed out and went to diamond c, read the post, it was 2013

Comment

Sounds good. Now it's time to,go hunting
              I'm out of doe tags on our lease !!!

Comment

I'm out of doe tags on our lease !!!
                I'm thinking you need to do some testing on some big hogs

Comment

I'm thinking you need to do some testing on some big hogs
                  Buddy might let me cut loose on some javes!!! My favorite

Comment

Buddy might let me cut loose on some javes!!! My favorite
                    That sounds like fun I'm going to,have to do that my self one day.

Comment

If I go I'm gunna line two or three up and try to get the arrow through all of them lol !

Comment

If I go I'm gunna line two or three up and try to get the arrow through all of them lol !
                        Now that will be a test

Comment

Now that will be a test
                          Viper trick or a drt would be the head. I think the steep angle of a grizz trick will just go about half way through the second one

Comment

In the engineering curriculum, as you can imagine, we must endure physics class after physics class and then take more physics classes. That exposure has really helped me understand the importance of momentum and its value to the bow hunter. I'm guessing that the industry focuses so much on kinetic energy because the putzs over in the marketing department figure that we will get more excited about the larger, more impressive figures for KE than getting excited about .50 momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpStix View Post
                              In the engineering curriculum, as you can imagine, we must endure physics class after physics class and then take more physics classes. That exposure has really helped me understand the importance of momentum and its value to the bow hunter. I'm guessing that the industry focuses so much on kinetic energy because the putzs over in the marketing department figure that we will get more excited about the larger, more impressive figures for KE than getting excited about .50 momentum.
                              I totally agree. All in the sale.

Another comment on ke. What a lot of people also don't understand is the chart they put out showing how much ke to take a certain size animal. Does not mean pass thru.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpStix View Post
                                Simply due to boredom, I'm gonna ask this.
                                If I have an arrow that weighs 417 grains, and has a speed of 299 fps, I have 82.8 lbs of K.E.
                                What is the "Momentum" of my set-up?

Comment

Working...
                                X