X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your F'd.... sorry not much help

Get hotel... stay until morning...

Comment

I drive for a living. I run from dfw to San Antonio, then from San Antonio back up to bnsf railyard, then from there back to dfw. It's about 13hrs a day with my hour lunch.

Comment

From the airport at 4pm. I take 360 south, as I approach 183, I look at it, and look at 360. I can get off 360 if its backed up and on 183 to 121 and take the 121 express lane. I stay 121 till 35 in the city of ft worth, get on 35 and head south.

Comment

Another route is 360 south from dfw airport to 20, 20 west to 35w south.

Or 183 to 161 south to 30 east to 35e go south.

Lots of different ways, they all are no bueno

Comment

67 to Midlothian, 287 to waxahachie, then 35e

Comment

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
              there are closing parts of 75 starting Friday, would suggest 35 myself depending on origin
              Originally posted by perow View Post
              Believe it's just in Plano--between renner Rd & 15th street both north & south. Starts sat morning until mon morning
              Yep, it's just in Plano. They are working on the Plano Pkwy bridge.

OP, there is no good way. Just get on 35E and tough it out. That's about all you can do on any of the roads around here at that time of day. I have found that all of the cutting over to this road and that road just aggravates me even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                What kind of mileage are you getting in your Prius??
                That depends on the load. If I leave my man card and balls at home with my wife it does pretty good!

BTW its a Hyundai get it right!

Comment

You have several choices;
                  1. leave earlier. 3:00-3:30
                  2. Leave later, after 6:00-6:30 (find a good happy hour joint)
                  3. Sit in traffic. Your route won't matter because you will sit in traffic with any route heading south.
                  4. Head to Amarillo, when you set there turn around and head home and all traffic will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    Yep, it's just in Plano. They are working on the Plano Pkwy bridge.

OP, there is no good way. Just get on 35E and tough it out. That's about all you can do on any of the roads around here at that time of day. I have found that all of the cutting over to this road and that road just aggravates me even more.
                    Thanks I wasn't thinking of hoping around. It was more of a what's better 35 E or W. I was originally thinking W but everyone on here says E so looks like plan is to go E. Will check Waze before though...

Comment

I'm in my truck around the Metromess most days... I try to be home or at the lake by 3 or so on fridays. Good luck.

Comment

Stay on E. As you get close to downtown stay in the left lane. That is the lane that goes straight through, and doesn't get all of the lane switching at woodall rogers and the I-30 merge points

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                          Stay on E. As you get close to downtown stay in the left lane. That is the lane that goes straight through, and doesn't get all of the lane switching at woodall rogers and the I-30 merge points
                          This.
                          I lived in Flower Mound for years, and it was always faster to hit 114 to 35E and go through downtown Dallas. Just wave at the big giraffe at the zoo, and put the hammer down.

Comment

35E is rarely as bad as it might look on google maps. It's mostly new multi-lane freeway. In my opinion it's better to to sit in a little slow traffic rather than drive way around it.

Comment

Working...
                            X