I need a pool guys help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a pool guys help

Is there anyone on here that that is a pool technician? I have a Hayward Ecostar pump and just got the dreaded "Drive Pump failure" display. This is crazy.. $500 for a drive pump..

If anyone can help me out, i'd appreciate it

Bobby Ortiz

Common issue with this pump. Try turning the breaker off for 5 minutes and power back on. While off verify bond wire is attached to the pump, if it isn't attach it.

How old is the pump?
    Last edited by RatherBhuntin; 06-04-2018, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Welcome to pool life. It’s not just a swimming pool it’s a money pool also

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBhuntin View Post
        Common issue with this pump. Try turning the breaker off for 5 minutes and power back on. While off verify bond wire is attached to the pump, if it isn't attach it.

How old is the pump?
        I have done all that. the connection on the bond wire is rusty. cleaned it up the best I can. I am the second owner of the home. I believe the pump is 4 years old.

I called Hayward and those Yankee's were jerks. ( I'm not the original owner) so much for being honest.

Comment

If I cant get this thing running I need to replace it.. Any suggestions? Pentair? I'd hate to give anymore money to Hayward after this experience. Any idea if the dimensions are common or am I going to have to reroute the PVC with a different brand/model

Thanks

Comment

I’d just replace the motor.
            Should be square flange, change shaft seal and seal plate gasket also.
            Those ecostars are a solution looking for a problem imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              I’d just replace the motor.
              Should be square flange, change shaft seal and seal plate gasket also.
              Those ecostars are a solution looking for a problem imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This, unless you want variable speed. If you want to keep a variable speed I like Pentair Svrs, but you will have to redo the plumbing.

May need new impeller though if you go with standard motor. Probably got a 3hp impeller now.
              Last edited by RatherBhuntin; 06-04-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I've got Hayward pumps, but I don't have any display anywhere (yours must be newer than mine).
                I'm sure there are lots of folks that call Leslie's and get to pay them for a new unit and installation. I've had several issues in the past and I've: changed the start capacitor twice and rebuilt the insides (new empeller) twice, as well.
                Parts are not near as expensive as a new unit and everything still fits back together.

Comment

Ya.. I had just changed out the pump housing.. that was simple and now this BS. Seems like if its not one thing its another.. frustrating.. first world problems though, can’t complain too much

Comment

Installing a new pump is easy. Disconnect the plumbing then there are two wires in the back unplug and take it to the pool shop. Most of the time it's the comparator on the back then reinstall.

Comment

I really like my Pentair pumps, very quiet and have held up very well so far. The Pool is a constant drain on my wallet.....Kids like it so ugh, is as it is....

Good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyOrtiz View Post
                        Is there anyone on here that that is a pool technician? I have a Hayward Ecostar pump and just got the dreaded "Drive Pump failure" display. This is crazy.. $500 for a drive pump..

If anyone can help me out, i'd appreciate it

Bobby Ortiz
                        Sorry I cant help you with the Hayward stuff. I started with Pentair and still use it. Have replaced or repaired everything associated with moving/filtering/heating water in the system 12 years. You will come to find out that having a pool is like running cattle, having children, having pets etc. etc. they all will need your constant attention.

Comment

and people say boats are money pits

Comment

pools are a hole in the ground you throw money in!

Comment

we had our pool removed. don't miss it! love the grass yard....

good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X