No announcement yet.

Grill Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. Reading a lot about weak legs on the 26" Weber, any experience.

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
      I agree. Im looking at the Treager vs the Green Mountain. Seems like the Green Mountain is where it's at but the Treager is the original. Hard decision.
      Make the decision easy and look at a Yoder YS640. My dad has a Traegar and it is nice, but nothing like my Yoder. Yoder is built like a tank and you can crank it up to 600 degrees to sear (it is actually hotter than that on the grill grates). It was really tough for me to drop the coin but it is one of the best purchases I have ever made!

Jason

Comment

Get a big green egg. You will not regret and will wish you would have bought one 10 years ago.

Comment

Grill Question

I have had multiple grills and different size Webers. If I had to choose only one grill I would choose the 26” weber. It is the most versatile for grilling and smoking. (Disclaimer - I have not had a ceramic grill).

I have heard the same complaints you have heard about the legs but I have not had any issues with my legs.

That being said, I use my weber performer 95% of the time due to the convenience of the lighter and side table and I normally don’t need that much space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by TB80; 03-19-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Weber Performer

Comment

Hands down Webber for the money then a big green egg or Kamado joe if you want to invest some money. This being said I’ve never had food off of a pellet cooker. Some things I just prefer to stay old fashioned, like charcoal/wood grills and pits and going into the bank not the drive thru

Comment

Get a charcoal grill like a Weber or Aussie grill and learn how to use it. When you get old and lazy like me, then get you a pellet grill.

Comment

HD and Lowe's both have half price charcoal memorial day, 4th of july and labor day. Stock up!!! I usually buy 20 or 40 bags depending on my stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                    Make the decision easy and look at a Yoder YS640. My dad has a Traegar and it is nice, but nothing like my Yoder. Yoder is built like a tank and you can crank it up to 600 degrees to sear (it is actually hotter than that on the grill grates). It was really tough for me to drop the coin but it is one of the best purchases I have ever made!

Jason
                    Yoder's are the real deal for pellet cookers! I have a traeger, but really like them yoders.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                      I just use an old smokey. Large enough to stand a beer can chicken and just a great inexpensive grill. Academy sells leg extenders for like seven dollars so you don’t have to bend over. I’m not a fan of gas grills myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      X2 on the Old Smokey. Sure are ugly but they can cook!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I buy a new one of these every 3 years or so. They cook fantastic and they are cheap and essentially disposable.

Shop Char-Griller Super Pro 30-in W Black Barrel Charcoal Grill in the Charcoal Grills department at Lowe's.com. The grill that started it all. The Char-Griller Super Pro® Charcoal Grill is the grill of choice for professionals and backyard grilling enthusiasts! Made

Comment

I picked up one of these about 5 years ago from Academy and it was on sale for the same price. I had a $50 gift card so I figured for $100 why not. It's been a good grill and all I've really done it keep it clean and add a cover to it. I'll probably get another 2-3 years out of it easily and then I'll upgrade to something nice and longer lasting.

Comment

I've had 8 years with my Egg and its really all I need to grill, smoke, etc. There are many good grills at different pricing points, so good luck!

Comment

Used to be in the business (hence the name). Worked for a distributor for high end grills,smokers and other outdoor products and designed and built outdoor living in Dallas for years. Never carried the Primo but it’s my favorite for ceramic smokers and hardwood charcoal is a must. It really depends on budget but as most have said, the Weber and kettle are hard to beat. Disclaimer:I have never cooked on a pellet style grill.

Comment

Working...
                              X