Tired of Acorns!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of Acorns!!!

This weekend was a test of my patience. Zero deer activity at my spots. Corn is rotting on the ground.

Trees are still full of even more acorns. It’s going to be a long October.

Get off the feeders and in the woods! You will see more deer than ever before and probably many that have never even been on camera!

Comment

The problem with feeder this timenof year turn them off no need to pile corn under feeders

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Change tactics ! Learn to hunt and adapt your hunting skills , filling acorn feeder doesn't make you a good hunter only a complainer your tactics don't work

Comment

I’m not confident enough to spot and stalk with archery equipment.

Setting up under oak trees won’t work because we have millions of Oak trees.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post

Buy lots of game cam and target areas of higher traffic

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
              Buy lots of game cam and target areas of higher traffic
              One could make the argument that "buying lots of cameras" doesn't make you a better hunter either lol

Comment

As my father in law would tell me "you aint gonna learn no younger" get in the woods and enjoys Gods creations

Comment

I wish I could find the corns in my spot. I set up on some pretty worn trails in an oak grove, only to notice that they never put any acorns on. Boggles my mind.

Comment

We are experiencing the same issues. We do have a stand set up on our creek where all the oak trees are for years like this. Hunted there this week and yes.... lots of traffic and activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer are not interested in the corn for sure.

Comment

I bag up all the acorns at my house and spread it in my feeder pen. Deer seem to prefer the ones from the house that got water and fertilizer to the tree. I use the tree spikes to fertilize the trees at home so started using them at the lease too.

Comment

Just find where the brush/cover is and set up between there and the oak trees

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                            Just find where the brush/cover is and set up between there and the oak trees
                            4000 acres and probably 20-30 oak trees per acre. There is no hot area. It’s all hot

Comment

Add variety, I threw a block out, every time I hunt I drop a few piles of milo I even take up a 5 gallon bucket full of acorns and drop a bunch around my feeder, they come in slow working their way thru the acorn in the area but always stop at my feeder

Comment

Working...
                              X