Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are there any Kmart stores left in TX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are there any Kmart stores left in TX?

After they closed the Corsicana distribution center it seemed liked the remainder of the Texas stores would follow. Guess I could say the same about Sears stores.

The last time I stepped foot in a Sears store was more than ten years ago. A Kmart store would be longer than that.
    Last edited by Worksalot; 07-17-2018, 12:10 PM.

Think the one in Laredo is still open.

Comment

Haven’t seen a KMart in a long while. Heard the Sears stores were all closing. When I’m near Victoria I try to visit the Sears store there in the mall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was in the one in San Antonio a couple of years ago. Everything was in dissaray and I couldn’t get anyone to help me. I walked out and haven’t been back since.

Comment

Laredo and McAllen I believe are the only ones left
          Last edited by AntlerCollector; 07-17-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Sears store still open in the Mall in Lubbock. No mention of it closing yet on all the store closing posts. K Mart has been long gone. That is one HUGE empty building an parking lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Sears store still open in the Mall in Lubbock. No mention of it closing yet on all the store closing posts. K Mart has been long gone. That is one HUGE empty building an parking lot!
              Our sears is still open too at our mall.

Is it the Kmart at south loop and University?

Is that a super Target or super Kmart that is/was on the brownfield hey?

Comment

The heck is a Kmart?

Comment

I like going to the Sears in Houston on Shepard near the Heights. Cool feeling knowing thats where my grandparents used to heavily shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    I like going to the Sears in Houston on Shepard near the Heights. Cool feeling knowing thats where my grandparents used to heavily shop.
                    Had fond memories as a kid going with family to one particular Sears. Heck, just looking through the Christmas catalogs was exciting. Sadly, the mall where that store is at has really gone downhill. The entire area is bad. Regardless, I’m thankful to have gone back there several years ago with an uncle before he passed. He had belonged to the same carpenter’s union that helped build that same shopping mall back in the 1970’s. I don’t recall what his job involved in regards to building it. He and I would only go there to buy tools. I bet he’d be disappointed knowing how bad Sears has declined.

Comment

still have a Sears at the mall here in Baytown.....probably not for long though. K-Mart has been gone for years.
                      What I miss more than those are "The Walmart of my childhood...…..Woolworths, Gibson's and TG&Y

Comment

I love to shop the Gibsons in Kerrville

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                          still have a Sears at the mall here in Baytown.....probably not for long though. K-Mart has been gone for years.
                          What I miss more than those are "The Walmart of my childhood...…..Woolworths, Gibson's and TG&Y
                          Yes, thanks for mentioning Woolworth and Gibson’s. Good memories at those for me as well. Used to be a nice Woolworth close to Dallas. When the Gibson’s in my part of TX were long gone, I thought there was one still open in Oklahoma at that time. Not certain of the town right now.

Comment

They had over 2,000 stores at one time. I went to their corporate office around 2000, my dad and I made a sales call on them at their office near Detroit. We didn't get any business out of them, seems like that was probably a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                              Our sears is still open too at our mall.

Is it the Kmart at south loop and University?

Is that a super Target or super Kmart that is/was on the brownfield hey?
                              The K Mart was on University inside the loop. Target's original store is on the SW corner of University and the Loop, but their big store is in that shopping center outside the Loop and the Brownfield Hwy.

You would not believe what is being built or has been built along Milwaukee from 82nd to the Brownfield Hwy and the area around Costco and Cabela's off the West Loop, UNREAL!

Comment

Working...
                              X