X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are manger ask us to do this we used dried Pinto's our deer loved them

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Since corn is mainly an attractant and provides little, if any, nutritional benefits, it would be better to feed protein during the antler growing season, then start corn a month before whitetail season.

If you are trying to attract exotics, its a different deal.
      I've heard that a lot but not sure I believe it. I had a lease in Illinois with nothing but corn fields for miles and miles and the deer looked like cows and had giant antlers.

Anyway, I feed protein and corn year-round whether it helps them or not. It's just a habit.

Comment

[quote=Burnadell;13439331]
        Originally posted by Jbird8791 View Post

Ah, didn't realize you had exotics and are still hunting them. Corn does not do much for their nutritional needs, just like candy to them, so they are attrated to it. That makes sense with exotics.
        I feed year round cause I hate my money...

Comment

Thanks for the ideas and input.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Sounds like a micro-manager....
            Nawww....a micro manager would have told him a specific mix ratio and how many seconds to throw as well

Good luck Jbird, we've had good luck with 50/50 corn&ROASTED soybean mix. We source it from waller rice drier
            Last edited by louieagarcia; 06-20-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbird8791 View Post
              Land owner told us last week he doesn’t only want corn in feeders because of the heat. We are already feeding protein at spots. He wants corn mixed with something else in sling feeders. Eldorado area, any suggestions?
              Anything but Big and J

Any pelletized feed will be fine, even if its calf, goat or rabbit feed. Tractor Supply has some real good Elk and Deer feed, same stuff Sabre mentioned...they go right to it
              Last edited by lovemylegacy; 06-20-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Glad that ain't me cause I just paid $8.99 a bag for corn and if my landowner said he wanted me to do more, well, I'd Probly have to walk.

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                  Nawww....a micro manager would have told him a specific mix ratio and how many seconds to throw as well

Good luck Jbird, we've had good luck with 50/50 corn&ROASTED soybean mix. We source it from waller rice drier

Naaawww, that would be a *****

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    I'm assuming the reason he said he doesn't want to feed corn is because it considered a "hot" feed. Some say corn will increase the body heat of an animal. There has always been a debate if this is true or not. I know a lot of old timers that swear by it. Others say that corn itself doesn't make them hot but the increased energy and activity gained from corn does.

I bet this is his reason 🤯

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                      Sounds like he wants you to start improving the herd for the next group he leases to for twice the money. Plus he will have pictures, that you have to supply, to back this up.
                      My first thought.

Comment

Sounds like he wants you to start improving the herd for the next group he leases to for twice the money. Plus he will have pictures, that you have to supply, to back this up.
                        Ditto on your reply, had that happen to me before!!!!!! Won't ever do it again....

Comment

^^^THIS^^^

Comment

All Stock protein pellets. I mix half that and half corn in mine and worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              Corn soybean mix. I'm assuming the reason he said he doesn't want to feed corn is because it considered a "hot" feed. Some say corn will increase the body heat of an animal. There has always been a debate if this is true or not. I know a lot of old timers that swear by it. Others say that corn itself doesn't make them hot but the increased energy and activity gained from corn does.
                              With little doubt this is it.
                              has been debated for a long time for all livestock and critters, even among chicken breeders.

Comment

Sadly I agree, I would ask him how much money he is willing to give you back for feed.
                                What does he care, unless he is hunting also?
                                Wierd

Comment

Working...
                                X