Re-stringing Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-stringing Bow

So I have never have had to have a bow re-strung and I have a few questions. I have not decided if I am going to buy the strings from a bow shop or buy them online and have them set it up. It appears like it may be quite a bit cheaper to buy them myself and have the shop set them up. The main question that I have is what all do I need to have in order to have it re-strung; strings, cables, ect. The bow in question is a Bowtech Carbon Overdrive.

Most places that sell strings will sell sets for your particular bow. You will enter in your bow info with string/cable measurements (on lower limb or you can lookup) and they will send correct cable types and string length. Some places you can order speed nocks installed or the bow shop can install some. Hotwire, Vaportrail, 60x, Korbins are all good reputable makers. There are a ton more, but I’ve personally used these lately.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
      Most places that sell strings will sell sets for your particular bow. You will enter in your bow info with string/cable measurements (on lower limb or you can lookup) and they will send correct cable types and string length. Some places you can order speed nocks installed or the bow shop can install some. Hotwire, Vaportrail, 60x, Korbins are all good reputable makers. There are a ton more, but I’ve personally used these lately.
      This, plus, check and see if your pro shop makes strings. This is a great route as it can be a little less expensive and they can tailor the strings to you (ie, shorter cables or longer string, etc.) if needed.

If you are in Austin, check with Archery Country, they build strings and their string maker is a great guy.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind... unless you have a close relationship with a shop or tech, chances are you will need to pay anywhere from $30 to $50 or more for them to install the string and cables, check/adjust cam timing, install new peep, etc. Lots of ships will install them for free if you buy them from the shop. So, the shop fee may offset the cost savings.

If you are reasonably handy, you could build a bow press and draw board and install the strings yourself. The investment for both DIY tools is about $100. That’s what I did. They work great.

Comment

Working...
        X