2 degree- and my wife KNOWS it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Why is it when it's hot outside the woman wants the inside temp at 70 but when it gets cold outside she wants the inside temp at 80?
    Zactly! It can be 110 outside and if it 75 in the house when she gets home, she is texting me “the AC is broke.” This after multiple $75 service calls having the AC guy tell her 20 degrees less than ambient is about as good as you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by zero-in View Post
      Thermostat set at 78-79 during the summer, 68 during the cold months. With that being said, this summer's electical bill highest was $391.00. I'd love to have a $200 monthly bill.
      You got serious problems bro...

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Zactly! It can be 110 outside and if it 75 in the house when she gets home, she is texting me “the AC is broke.” This after multiple $75 service calls having the AC guy tell her 20 degrees less than ambient is about as good as you can get.
        That would mean if its 100 outside you are happy with 80 degrees? You better get a good AC man bud cause he is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Why is it that if I step outside and it is 68 or 70, my wife can’t tell a difference? But if the temp in my house is 2 degrees cooler, she is gonna detect it and I’m going to hear about it!

Our room is the oddball room in the house, always cooler in the winter and hotter in the summer. It was 70 everywhere else in the house after the front rolled through, 68 in our bedroom. She was scrambling for mittens and long johns last night and telling me to turn up the thermostat!
          Just say “yes dear!” Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
            That would mean if its 100 outside you are happy with 80 degrees? You better get a good AC man bud cause he is wrong.
            Ain't no lie.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

67 - I’ll happily pay that bill. Can’t stand to be hot.

Comment

I got so tired of being yelled out for changing the thermostat I just started opening the garage door and fanning some heat in the hall so the AC will kick on and he can’t say I changed the temp. They’re only about a foot apart so it doesn’t get the house hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will cut back on a lot of things if it comes to it, but I can’t live in a hot house. Lol, usually 68 at night with fans going for us.

Comment

Originally posted by zero-in View Post
                    Thermostat set at 78-79 during the summer, 68 during the cold months. With that being said, this summer's electical bill highest was $391.00. I'd love to have a $200 monthly bill.

What do you live in? A teepee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

69 at night with 2 fans running for us. We'll bump it to 72 during the day, but if it gets over 72 I'll suffocate.

Comment

I swear my wife is the same way. Thermostat is on 70 every night because I don't let her set it down to 68 where she wants.

First cold snap and she wanted to turn the heat on last night....

Comment

1 degree wife here.

Comment

Yep, that’s me. I can tell the difference between 73 and 72 at night and can’t sleep if it’s 73. Weird but i think the high end fluctuation must be too warm. Keep your wife happy!

Comment

What I struggle with is wife's belief that if she turns the heat up more it will get hotter faster. I tell her it isn't like a car, the heat comes out at the same temp. It just runs longer and we end up getting too hot.

Comment

Summer....76 day, 74 night.

Winter....I'd keep it on 68 but wife thinks 70 is much better and you know who wins that battle.

Sounds like some of you need to shop around for better pricing on electricity.

Comment

Working...
                                X