Foreverlast 12V Feeder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreverlast 12V Feeder question

Anybody have any idea how many lbs the 12v foreverlast feeders will put out say set to 3 seconds? I'm not sure if they have a high, low, medium setting but let's assume medium speed setting.

Trying to figure out how long a 55 gallon feeder will last with no coons or hogs present.

thanks!

Mine set at 3 seconds and on RPM 2 throws approximately 3/4 to 1 pound pee feed cycle........1.5 to 2 pounds per day

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
      Anybody have any idea how many lbs the 12v foreverlast feeders will put out say set to 3 seconds? I'm not sure if they have a high, low, medium setting but let's assume medium speed setting.

Trying to figure out how long a 55 gallon feeder will last with no coons or hogs present.

thanks!
      I run 3 Foreverlast lower units on my feeders....2 with 85gal barrels that hold about 550lbs each and 1 double barrel set up that holds 775lbs. I “guesstimate” a little more than 1 lb feed per second of run time. Probably closer to 1.5 lbs per second IMO. 3 seconds only 1 time per day you are probably feeding 4-5 lbs per throw. If u don’t have an internal funnel a 55gal barrel will hold 7 bags or 350lbs. Less with a funnel of course.

Variables exist as to the height between the funnel and spinner plate due to flow allowance but feeding 1x a day @ 5lbs avg should last about 70 days IMO....again provided you aren’t losing any to corn bandits.
      I feed 3 seconds but twice a day during the off season and my 85gal feeders will last an average of 60 days...give or take.
      Last edited by RascalArms; 03-25-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Just take a 5 gallon buck and weight it. Then set the feeder to go off and push the bucket over the motor unit up to the barrel before the feeder goes off. After the feeder goes off and puts corn in the bucket, just weigh the bucket again. That is close as you will get to knowing. Most people are loosing way more corn to coons, birds and squirrels then they realize.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
          Just take a 5 gallon buck and weight it. Then set the feeder to go off and push the bucket over the motor unit up to the barrel before the feeder goes off. After the feeder goes off and puts corn in the bucket, just weigh the bucket again. That is close as you will get to knowing. Most people are loosing way more corn to coons, birds and squirrels then they realize.
          Good idea. I need a good fishing scale !

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
            Smart man you are.

Comment

Working...
            X