Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinking feeling

Well I just had a great weekend.
    I took the longbow and hunted all weekend. I went out Saturday morning. Had a lone doe come in and she never gave me a good shot close enough for me. About an hour later I have a yearling and doe come in and start feeding. I stand up and get the longbow ready. As soon as she quarters away from me Im going to get my first longbow harvest. Before she does she gets pushed out and look what steps out in front of me at 16 yards perfectly broadside but a beautiful longbeamed 8 point. He is the largest deer Ive ever had in bow range that is giving me a shot. I draw and put my middle finger on my canine tooth adn let it fly. Twack- I see some hair off of his back and my arrow sticking in the ground. I climb down from my perch and lay down and tear up for a while. Here is a picture of him off my game camera either right after the arrow skipped off his back or right before it get there. This is the only picture I have of him so its kinda hard to tell how long his tines actully are. He is a main fram 8 but its hard to tell with the motion. Have no idea on score or age but I would have been proud. Still thanked the MAN upstairs for sharing an awesome animal with me for a few seconds. Maybe Ill get a doe or spike next weekend.

Keep on bowhunting Glen!Maybe that ol mature doe or a 15" spike will show up!
    Thanks for sharing!

Comment

You'll get him...just stick with it. Now you are sure you can get within bow range. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X