McCallen Texas info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCallen Texas info

Going down to Edcouch in a few weeks for regional powerlifting and looking for a good hotel and best place to eat in the area. I believe there are some Holiday Inns in mccallen so that’s the direction I’m going to try to say. Will have 3 high school girls with me and one of their moms.

Depending on what they weigh, we might be trying to carb load

Any advice is appreciated.

I live in Weslaco and work in Edcouch Elsa. Most definitely stay in Mcallen. Lots of good eating. What are your preferences?

Comment

Costa Messa, Delias tamales, House wine. Personally been to these and they’re good.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
        I live in Weslaco and work in Edcouch Elsa. Most definitely stay in Mcallen. Lots of good eating. What are your preferences?
        Yep stay in Mcallen

Comment

I’m down for just about everything but it really depends on my girls. I’ve been told from Mexican to Mac and cheese.

So best Mexican place down there? I’m a big boy and likes lots of food

Best Mac and cheese?

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
          Costa Messa, Delias tamales, House wine. Personally been to these and they’re good.
          Delia’s is going to be hit up. I love their tamales and have orders of about 8 dozen so far

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
            I’m down for just about everything but it really depends on my girls. I’ve been told from Mexican to Mac and cheese.

Best Mac and cheese?

Delia’s is going to be hit up. I love their tamales and have orders of about 8 dozen so far

Elsa typically has fast foods chains. But if you want good authentic Mexican food then you can try Don pedros which is front of high school. The other place that I like better is La Hacienda in Elsa. It’s located on 88 N. About a mile north of Whataburger.
            Pieology in edinburg would probably be a favorite for the girls. Add toppings to your own pizza.
            Plenty of taquerias in all towns.

Comment

I don't know...I'm in McAllen & we tend to hit Arturo's & Milano's on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post

Best Mac and cheese?

Koko's & Zamoras are both good for mex food...there's really a ton of places to pick from now & have some really nice / expensive places along with the papdeaux to fancy steak houses. I'm sure the hotel's will have literature as well.

Arturo's in Weslaco has great mexican food & I think Milano's right down the road is the best Italian anywhere.

Comment

Is Arturos the one that used to be in Progresso?

Costa Mesa has a good tampiquena plate.

Mrs. Gs is pretty good for a quick lunch. It's the original owner of El Pato.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

They still are...just brought another to the US because of the non-sense in mex same as El Pastor & La Fogata although those in mex may have closed not being in progresso.

We did Valentines on Saturday at Arturos & I got the tampequena which is great.
                    Last edited by Artos; 02-18-2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Alright going to start my research with the above right now! Thank you fellas. We will be coming down on March 4.

Got the hotel booked yesterday now I have to find the eats.

Comment

If you want good Mexican food and LOTS of it, go to Taco Ole in Mission (not the one in McAllen). It's only a 8 mile drive if you are in downtown McA. It's a lunch buffet and buddy they have it all and it's good stuff.

For upper end food- El Divino (try the campfire cocktail !!), SALT, House Wine, and Santa Fe all really good but a little pricey.

Comment

Costa Mesa for sit down Mexican dinner. El Patos for drive through tacos/taquitos.

Comment

Mcallen Tx

If you can stay anywhere around the Mcallen convention center lots of hotels and lots to do for the girls and the moms Cambria hotel

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                              If you want good Mexican food and LOTS of it, go to Taco Ole in Mission (not the one in McAllen). It's only a 8 mile drive if you are in downtown McA. It's a lunch buffet and buddy they have it all and it's good stuff.

For upper end food- El Divino (try the campfire cocktail !!), SALT, House Wine, and Santa Fe all really good but a little pricey.
                              I find a hard time believing a mexican buffet is that great. I have been to a handful of cafes in south Texas with lunch buffets that weren't very good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X