Prayers for my pooch (long read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for my pooch (long read)

So long story short(kinda) our dog(a boxer/lab mix) got sick over the last few days. We ended up taking her to the vet yesterday where they ran blood work and it came back with levels that indicated chronic kidney failure. He wanted a urine sample but we couldnt get one so he said just come back in the morning and we will catch a sample and put her on an I.V.
    After much reading and talking with people that have had similar situations the outcome looked bleak. Well throughout the day yesterday she got worse to the point we weren't sure she was going to make it through the night. Well she did and I was able to catch a urine sample this morning. Took her to the vet thinking there wasn't much hope and was expecting to have to put her down today. The vet recommended trying the IV and seeing how the urine sample came back. Well I just got a call that the urine sample indicates that her kidneys are working well and that she possibly has something else wrong. The most common problems being treatable with medication.
    If you can spare a prayer our family could use it.

You can see from the pictures she's been with me from being single in a one bedroom apartment to married with kids. I pray she recovers and we get to keep her around.
    Attached Files

Prayers up for your pup.

Comment

prayers up for your pup

Comment

prayers

Comment

You bet.. Prayer sent for for yer dog.

Comment

Prayers up.

Comment

Prayer sent....

Comment

Prayers up for you and your pup!

Comment

Prayers Up

Comment

Prayers for you and your pup. Good looking dog by the way.

Comment

Ask your vet about Addisons Disease. My dog had it, and she was the only dog to come in with it that year. Basically her adrenal glands shut down. She was weak for a few days before I took her in. Found out she was close to death.

She got an IV, Precortin injection, and she was like new. She gets really expensive shots once a month now, but totally worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        Ask your vet about Addisons Disease. My dog had it, and she was the only dog to come in with it that year. Basically her adrenal glands shut down. She was weak for a few days before I took her in. Found out she was close to death.

She got an IV, Precortin injection, and she was like new. She gets really expensive shots once a month now, but totally worth it.
                        That's exactly what they are thinking it is. They didn't have time to get a sample in before the labs closed so they went ahead and gave the precortin injection and gave us some steroid injections to give her over the weekend. She's already acting better and ate some food.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the prayers. It is a powerful thing and looks like we might have been blessed.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                            That's exactly what they are thinking it is. They didn't have time to get a sample in before the labs closed so they went ahead and gave the precortin injection and gave us some steroid injections to give her over the weekend. She's already acting better and ate some food.
                            Ahh man that's awesome! It took my dog two months to get back to her original weight before it happened. Really kicks the crap outta them.

Comment

Hope she pulls through. Looks like a great "kid"!

Comment

Working...
                              X