Police Officers, traffic stop question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Officers, traffic stop question.

Got pulled over by DPS today for driving on the wrong side of the road. Basically, traffic pulls off to the side of the road ( though still in the road ) waiting to pick up their kids at school at a "T" intersection. They block the road in front of the stop sign, on both sides of the main road. As I pulled up I saw the trooper in line ( as usual when picking up my daughter at a nearby school ) and hesitated to make sure it was safe, then slowly went around, blinker on, pulled up to the stop sign ( cars all stopped on my right ), stopped then turned left. He pulls out and lights me up.

He is very cordial and pleasant. I told him I thought I was passing, he said no, you drove on wrong side of road. I told him my bad, I didnt realize it, and that I saw him there in line and didnt think anything about it. He let me lff with a warning.

Again, very pleasant. Not angry. Even if he gave me a ticket I wouldnt be mad.

But I do wonder about the difference between passing and driving on wrong side of road. And it seems like it should be illegal to block traffic like that. Seems l8ke that would be impeding traffic. I asked what I should have done, and he said "wait". People sit in that line for 15 plus minutes, easy.

Again, not angry. My solution is to go a different way. But isnt what they are doing impeding traffic? Was I not actually passing?

Yes to both questions. Impeeding traffic and driving wrong side of toad. Can’t remember distance or it may have changed but can not overtake within certain distance of intersection- I’m not a real cop anymore just life jacket patrol

Comment

Sounds like its time to petition city hall for some no parking / no loading signs.

Comment

He would have jammed you up bad had you been driving a Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          He would have jammed you up bad had you been driving a Camaro
          Ha. If I was driving a Camaro he wouldnt have caught me!

Kidding kidding

Comment

Depending on how close to the intersection you were you cant pass within "x" number of feet from an intersection anyway. I would have to look it up been a while since I was popo.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Yes to both questions. Impeeding traffic and driving wrong side of toad. Can’t remember distance or it may have changed but can not overtake within certain distance of intersection- I’m not a real cop anymore just life jacket patrol

Sargent Sausage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey MikeT I would get ya, you just have to know the right place to look!

Comment

He was right? You are wrong? He is a cop and you're not so he has you trumped !!! At lest you didn't get a ticket

Comment

Originally posted by trooperjd View Post
                    Hey MikeT I would get ya, you just have to know the right place to look!
                    Well, I would eventually have to come back to pick up my daughter .....probably...

I could always move!

Comment

Ha, just teasing ya MikeT I haven’t worked out that way for some time now. I’m still in the county just have not worked that particular part of County for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        Ha. If I was driving a Camaro he wouldnt have caught me!

Kidding kidding
                        well, in reality you aren't REALLY kidding...

Stock Demon vs bolt on 2017 ZL1 from a dig on an un prepped street.

10min mark:

Buy a Shirt: https://amzn.to/3dZlSaHCheck out my Coleman Minibike!! https://amzn.to/3geGWgpTRUCK CENTRAL@TruckCentral Subscribe to GuitarmageddonZL1: http://...

Comment

Originally posted by trooperjd View Post
                          Ha, just teasing ya MikeT I haven’t worked out that way for some time now. I’m still in the county just have not worked that particular part of County for a while.
                          My wife appreciates it!

Looking back at my post I misdescribed it as a "T". Its the intesection at 149 and Hill St, right in front of the Sheriffs house. But you probably figured that.
                          Last edited by miket; 04-13-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            well, in reality you aren't REALLY kidding...

Stock Demon vs bolt on 2017 ZL1 from a dig on an un prepped street.

10min mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b43YCIZ-uDw
                            Dang, thats crazy. But either way, I aint got the guts!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Dang, thats crazy. But either way, I aint got the guts!
                              yeah...might be joyous to walk away from them for a bit, but guys like troopjd & other le consistently cheat with their squawk boxes & will end up cutting you off at the pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X