Dick’s Sporting Goods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    He's now 18, and there is absolutely no reason that he should be prohibited from buying any firearm.
    He's not prohibited from buying any firearm... he just can't buy an AR at ****'s Sporting goods any more than he can at HEB... they don't carry ARs.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      I'm sure you've heard the old adage about what insanity is. Doing the same things but expecting different results.
      You can apply this same logic to unarmed citizens in history and how it has led to tyrannical governments with citizens unable to defend themselves from both criminals and an over-reaching government itself. We have to be honest and admit that the ultimate goal of the liberals is to abolish the 2A. Let's pretend that happens. How long before history repeats itself and we were supposed to expect a different result?

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      I don't claim to have the answers. I don't believe digging in my heels and saying do nothing.

Before anything is conceded I believe the government has to do it's full potential to use and support the systems and laws we have.
      I can agree with you. I don't have the answers but we for sure have to enforce the laws we already have. This is a blatant case of the FBI and local law enforcement being utterly incompetent. Heads should roll and this negligence/dereliction has got to stop.

We need to take a long hard look at all these powerful antipsychotic meds that so many of these mass shooters appear to be taking too.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
        You can apply this same logic to unarmed citizens in history and how it has led to tyrannical governments with citizens unable to defend themselves from both criminals and an over-reaching government itself. We have to be honest and admit that the ultimate goal of the liberals is to abolish the 2A. Let's pretend that happens. How long before history repeats itself and we were supposed to expect a different result?

I can agree with you. I don't have the answers but we for sure have to enforce the laws we already have. This is a blatant case of the FBI and local law enforcement being utterly incompetent. Heads should roll and this negligence/dereliction has got to stop.

We need to take a long hard look at all these powerful antipsychotic meds that so many of these mass shooters appear to be taking too.
        I agree 100% with everything you stated here.

Comment

I don’t think raising the age would have any effect but, on the other hand, maybe I’m wrong. It’s just not an “infringement” on anyone’s rights to raise the age by 3. You can argue the logic of raising it but the Constitutional argument is hot air. I can’t remember hearing anyone complain about the age required to buy a rifle prior to this. Definitely not any threads on the GS bemoaning the horrible infringement of having to wait until you’re 18 to buy ANY rifle. The debate here is simply about raising the age by a few years - that’s an adjustment, NOT an infringement. I don’t hear anyone on here complaining that felons can’t buy guns. Well, fellas, if you’re going to go by the Constitution verbatim, then you should be equally (actually, more) outraged by the infringement of people’s 2nd Amendment rights simply because they committed a crime. At least be consistent if you’re going to take that stance. Same goes for infringing on the rights of the mentally ill. Nowhere in the Constitution, particularly in the 2nd Amendment, does it make a carve-out for felons or mentally ill or ANYONE. That’s the basis for your claim that raising the age limit lies- correct? You’re saying that age isn’t a determining factor, right? Well, then why not let a 10 year old walk away from his mom and go buy a gun at Walmart without her knowledge or permission? His/her rights “SHALL NOT be infringed.”

I actually have a bigger problem with the NRA and most 2A proponents and most “Constitutionalists” who haven’t fought against the stripping of people’s rights for criminal convictions. I believe that EVERY American has the right to vote and own guns. Period. End of story. The Constitution says it. Where were all these now horrified people when bills have been proposed to restore voting rights to ex-felons who’d completed their sentences? What is it about being a criminal that makes you unable to make a good decision about representatives or policies? Where was everyone when Congress defunded the ATF program to have your rights to a firearm restored following the completion of a criminal sentence? The government infringes on people’s rights ALL the time with very little mention from people - until it’s in THEIR arena. Then the hypocrisy rages.

People look back on past generations with such nostalgia and lament the freedoms we ‘used’ to have but, heck, the age of 18 was determined to be the age required to purchase a firearm back in 1968. I don’t remember reading about a lot of outcry about the “infringement” on people’s rights back then either?

Like I said, I doubt anything would change due to the age limit modification but the 2A argument is weak. It won’t hold up in court for the reasons I enumerated. It’s simply a modification of a existing and long-held practice.

Lots of us have kids that shoot ARs and are little. My youngest got his first at age 6. He’s been shooting it ever since. He’s 12 now but still can’t go buy one himself. Is he being infringed on? Yeah probably, but where were all of you 3 weeks ago? How come you weren’t raising hell about his rights then? A change in age has nothing to do with banning anything or preventing kids from shooting them or having them......just has to do with buying them on their own.

If they they DO change the age, they better make an exception for military and first-responders. That’s what they ought to do for the drinking age also. If you’re old enough to fight you ought to be able to buy a beer or a pistol or an AR.

Flame away, Mike! Still love you like a brother!! [emoji1][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Walmart raised their company policy also

Comment

I know one thing that all this Richard's sporting goods ,gun control and NRA blame sure got the attention off of Hillary Russian scandal! Haven't heard much on the FBI dropping the ball either.
              Last edited by Ilik2hunt; 02-28-2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

"Flame away, Mike! Still love you like a brother!! "
                Great guy. Gotta love his conviction as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post

Lots of us have kids that shoot ARs and are little. My youngest got his first at age 6. He’s been shooting it ever since.

I remember being in High School and it being a big deal to even know someone that had an AR. Crazy how far it's come in a short time.

Comment

I guess that was easier then banning mentally Ill people from shopping and buying "assault weapons" there.....oh wait, that would be discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobblerslayer View Post
                      I guess that was easier then banning mentally Ill people from shopping and buying "assault weapons" there.....oh wait, that would be discrimination.
                      The problem there in lies with HIPPA. And where would they draw the line on "crazy"? Because they take meds for ADHD? Because they have mild depression and take meds? Or do we have to wait until they are full out psychotic?

No easy answers.

Comment

Add Walmart to the list.
                        I apologize if it has already been posted.
                        Walmart says they will not sell firearms, ammunition to customers under 21

Comment

the libtards have just introduced a bill. I don't think it will pass, but with the majority of americans being convinced AR15's are super death weapons, you never know. The NRA posted a message saying that the core of the bill is banning the sale, import, and TRANSFER of any semiauto weapon that can take a magazine, and any semi auto rifle that can take a magazine over 10 rounds.

Comment

Dick’s Sporting Goods

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                            the libtards have just introduced a bill. I don't think it will pass, but with the majority of americans being convinced AR15's are super death weapons, you never know. The NRA posted a message saying that the core of the bill is banning the sale, import, and TRANSFER of any semiauto weapon that can take a magazine, and any semi auto rifle that can take a magazine over 10 rounds.

Lol...that means every pistol that is not a revolver or single shot???

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
                              Yes. No more AR style rifles or high capacity magazines

As far as I'm concerned they should stop selling ammo for them too. I won't be buying anything from them. I would sometimes buy ammo when i would get a $20 off $100 coupon. Not anymore.

Comment

Wal-Mart? What a bunch of hypocrites! They still selling alcohol?

I mean while we are at it we should bring back prohibition.....

In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.

Comment

Working...
                                X