No announcement yet.

Tropical Storm Irma - now Hurricane Irma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have intently listened to Johnny and others over the years and they are 100% accurate that The Euro model is time and again the most accurate and up to date. If you look at Harvey, they had it going almost exactly where it went days before The GFS adjusted.

We could all use some good news and good, cool weather!

Comment

Still praying for all my family in Puerto Rico. Looking like they might dodge this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        Yes sir. I'm hoping this thread dies quickly.

Some other good news...it looks like models have lost the feature they were trying to form in the Bay of Campeche next week.

Other good news is we will have a fairly decent cool front sweep through the state the middle if next week giving us our first taste of fall!

All in all, great news across the board this morning but will continue to monitor Irma over the next few days.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thank god!!! Hoping this remains the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Outstanding news!

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
            Thank God!!! Hoping this remains the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            A-men!

Comment

The latest Euro I came across has Irma coming into the Gulf and landfall between CC and Louisiana! My only thought is the crew I follow on FB is a day or 2 behind with info. Either way Irma is going to be ugly. Johnny I hope your right and not this.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                The latest Euro I came across has Irma coming into the Gulf and landfall between CC and Louisiana! My only thought is the crew I follow on FB is a day or 2 behind with info. Either way Irma is going to be ugly. Johnny I hope your right and not this.
                I have yet to see any models that show anything close to a Corpus or Louisiana landfall. Simply because they don't project that far. That sort of prediction will just incite panic in people due to the current circumstances.

Models will continue to flip flop directions in the near term until they really latch on to something. Each run last couple of days has been different in ridging/troughing. Just my opinion however.

Comment

Comment

It's 10 days out still and I'm sure it will change again, but the Euro now has a direct hit around Myrtle Beach/Charleston SC. I hope it changes.

Comment

Johnny, what's the latest?

Comment

Both GFS and Euro models show Irma coming at Florida then making a strong north turn and bringing Irma up the East Coast. Latest GFS has Irma slamming into North Carolina it looks like as an 885mb hurricane which is insane. Hopefully this one will remain over open water and not effect anyone. The trend still remains that Irma will stay out of the Gulf of Mexico.

Comment

At 885mb, does that make it pretty close to the lowest pressure hurricane that would make landfall or am I way off? just trying to learn a bit more

Joseph

Comment

882mb is the lowest recorded in the Atlantic. Cat 5 Hurricane Wilma.
                            Last edited by RedRaider323; 09-03-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
                              882mb is the lowest recorded in the Atlantic. Cat 5 Hurricane Wilma.
                              Wilma - Irma, that doesnt sound good for the east coast. Hopefully it stears out in the middle of nowhere and falls apart.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

The latest GFS run has an 884mb cat5+ monster hitting South Florida. Absolutely brutal. Or course this is just one run but it seems like Irma could be a serious threat from Florida and along the East Coast.

Last edited by Johnny; 09-03-2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X