No Glow or Red Glow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Glow or Red Glow

No Glow or Red Glow Game cameras? Does it make a difference for deer?
    What say you GS?

In my experience the red glow isn't even noticeable unless you just happen to be looking at it directly when it happens. I have deer and hogs on camera at night all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got lots of pics of deer/hogs looking right at the camera and then the next shot, they are still face-planted in the corn. Even my old Cuddeback Capture with white flash didn't scare them away.

Comment

I use all white flash cameras, and all they do is squint when it takes their picture. This is even in East Texas! Very few deer seem to be skittish because of it, still get multiple pics of each deer per visit.

Comment

Only thing I have found that a red glow affects are yotes

Nothing else shows reaction to camera

If you set the camera to a 2 or 3 shot burst you will see

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
            I use all white flash cameras, and all they do is squint when it takes their picture. This is even in East Texas! Very few deer seem to be skittish because of it, still get multiple pics of each deer per visit.
            That's because east Texas deer are used to bright lights in their face.

Comment

IME, the deer are more likely to react to the sight of a new object(camera) hanging in a spot where nothing was in the past. All cameras make a pinging noise when the IR camera takes a picture. They can also see the Red glow. They react to all of this till they get accustomed to it. With the old 35mm flash TC back 20 yrs ago I used to get one roll of pic per camera the first night. The second night, only a handful of pics. Once the camera was there for a week or two it took a full roll of pics per night or less than one night depending on the delay time.
              I thought this was interesting to see the "flash" of the red glow IR. Here are a few pics of the flashes taken at the same feed pen location. I have two cameras, with one on each feeder.
              Last edited by texashunter56; 01-10-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

makes no difference but I prefer red glow...better quality pics

Comment

Working...
                X