Plow Disk Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plow Disk Cooker

Here are simple directions on how I make these cookers.
    Buy 22 inch disks at Lanford Equiptment in Austin or Marble Falls. Buy #1 lite plain horseshoes. get 2 sanding Disks 24 grit for the angle grinder.

First I put the disk on an expansion crack to align the horseshoes. I then line them up and then get the depth by putting them up to the first nail slot in the shoe. Attach the shoe to the disk and then I tack weld it on. Make sure I like it and then run a bead all the way up the horseshoes disk connection. Once that is done I spend about 20 to 30 minutes on the angle grinder getting it cleaned up.
    Attached Files

Glen.....we've had a lot of use and a lot of good food out of the one I got from you. Very nice work! Thanks.

Comment

do those not have holes or are you that good with a grinder?

Comment

Billy....Glen's disks don't have holes.

Comment

No shaft hole in these disks and it does make all the difference in the world.

Comment

glen:
            do you sell these cookers and how much. looks like a great idea.

Comment

anybody know where to get a holeless disk up here in the DFW area?

Comment

Billy, I bought one at a farm equipment store on 199 in Azle, I believe it was called E&E Equipment. You might look'em up and call first, they were out 3 weeks ago after I bought mine. Bout 40$, tell'em it's fer farm use!

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                  anybody know where to get a holeless disk up here in the DFW area?
                  Deen Implement in Forney (972-552-3151). I just got them to order me 3 of them and they were about $26 a piece. It is easy to get to off of Hwy 80.

They are identical to the ones Glen uses.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                    Deen Implement in Forney (972-552-3151). I just got them to order me 3 of them and they were about $26 a piece. It is easy to get to off of Hwy 80.

They are identical to the ones Glen uses.
                    Just spoke to Ed at Deen Imp. He ordered 2 for me, said he was about to place another order (yours?). He said they may be in by 5 today. I assume yours would be in the same shipment.

Comment

While you're welding, consider welding 3, 3/4" nuts evenly spaced on the bottom, so you can put 3 pieces of threaded rod in if needed to use over a campfire, length determines height. If not used, they just are there.

Comment

okie dokie, Deen's is just around the corner from me. they just worked on my tractor, thought it was gonna cost a grand and it was only 450. good folks. thanks
                        just ordered 3.
                        Last edited by huntmaster; 05-09-2008, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I welded a piece of 3/4"X 1/8" all the way around the top of mine, to form a "lip" approx 5/8" high. I wouldn't have it without after using it today to cook fajitas for about 16 people. Sure makes it nice when you go to scoop out the grub, gives you something to shove it up against.

When I get the handles done, I'll post some pics.

Comment

Ouch that is a good price on those I pay about $30 each here in Austin but we pay more for everything here

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I welded a piece of 3/4"X 1/8" all the way around the top of mine, to form a "lip" approx 5/8" high. I wouldn't have it without after using it today to cook fajitas for about 16 people. Sure makes it nice when you go to scoop out the grub, gives you something to shove it up against.

When I get the handles done, I'll post some pics.
                              I am about to do one. Just filled in the hole the other day. That lip sounds like a good idea D~Mo

Comment

Working...
                              X