Training in the Sugar Land area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training in the Sugar Land area

Are there any archery coaches in the Sugar Land area? I need to improve, but I need to find somebody that can teach my son more. He is pretty good for his age, but I think that I can not take him any futher, so are there any coaches in the Sugar Land area?

How about a larger search area, southwest Houston?

Comment

Try going to an aerchery shop in your area and asking them. There may be something at the shop for kids, or they may be able to direct you to a nearby JOAD program.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        Try going to an aerchery shop in your area and asking them. There may be something at the shop for kids, or they may be able to direct you to a nearby JOAD program.

Bisch
        I found there might be a 4H program at the Fort Bend fair grounds, so I am trying to get in contact with them. As far as I can find the nearest JOAD is in Pearland with Lynda.

Comment

Originally posted by chester12 View Post
          I found there might be a 4H program at the Fort Bend fair grounds, so I am trying to get in contact with them. As far as I can find the nearest JOAD is in Pearland with Lynda.
          That's where your search should end. Lynda is as fine of a person as you'll ever meet. She has it going on, God, Family, then archery

Comment

If you were to need to look farther, Tom Barker, owner of Straight Arrow Archery, is in Victoria. He's involved also with JOAD. At least is class2 certified instructor and is great with kids. His place is next to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by paco View Post
              If you were to need to look farther, Tom Barker, owner of Straight Arrow Archery, is in Victoria. He's involved also with JOAD. At least is class2 certified instructor and is great with kids. His place is next to the airport.
              Tom is great with kids..

You can also give Scott Whiteford a call and tell him I sent you. He is pretty good with kids and adults and is in Houston.

G.H.A. (Greater Houston Archery)
              9701 Honneywell St
              Houston, Texas 77074
              (713) 393-9865

Comment

Here's a list of about 20 Fort Bend county 4h groups. One of them is bound to do shooting sports.

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                  That's where your search should end. Lynda is as fine of a person as you'll ever meet. She has it going on, God, Family, then archery
                  While I don't know her yet, we have met over the internet and I believe that if she was closer it would be a great deal and I would not have to look any further, but she is at least 40 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by TimH View Post
                    Here's a list of about 20 Fort Bend county 4h groups. One of them is bound to do shooting sports.

http://fortbend.agrilife.org/files/2...ub-Listing.pdf
                    Thanks for that listing, I have a e-mail in to one of them, waiting to hear back from them.

Comment

Tuned in. I have been thinking about getting some help as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TRH View Post
                        Tuned in. I have been thinking about getting some help as well.
                        If or when I find something I will let you know. I have my US Olympic certification level 1, but I would like to have somebody else look at what my son is doing and let us know how he could improve.

Comment

Working...
                        X