Supreme Court Ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supreme Court Ruling

The Supreme Court cleared the way on Monday for states to legalize sports betting, striking down a 1992 federal law that had prohibited most states from authorizing sports betting.
    Attached Files

States rights baby!!!!

Comment

I don't get into the whole gambling thing, but why wouldn't it be legal?
      where do some people get off telling others what they can do with their money?

Comment

Does this mean they will finally let Pete Rose in to the HOF?

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
          Bingo ............and now the state gets to tax all that gambling that goes on in EVERY state before long! Smart move..........the ultimate tax on the poor just got re-taxed by the gubment...........lol!!!!

Comment

I was giving this decision more thought last night. The precedence set by this case for States Rights will far outreach just gambling. Hopefully now with a more constitutionalist SCOTUS we will see a lot more rights transferred back to the States.

Comment

It was pretty hypocritical for them to run a lottery but not allow betting. I just really hope this doesnt lead to more draft kings commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                I was giving this decision more thought last night. The precedence set by this case for States Rights will far outreach just gambling. Hopefully now with a more constitutionalist SCOTUS we will see a lot more rights transferred back to the States.

we need a like button, I have nothing worth saying but want to express my approval.

Comment

I am fairly certain, that anybody that wanted to gamble previously found a way to do it. this just means the government will have more money to squander!!

Comment

It's called legislating morality. It's why we had prohibition, and why prostitution is illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                      It's called legislating morality. It's why we had prohibition, and why prostitution is illegal.
                      Cant buy liquor past 9 or beer before noon on Sundays, what sexual positions I am allowed to use, etc.......

Comment

My bank account will not like this ...

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                          Cant buy liquor past 9 or beer before noon on Sundays, what sexual positions I am allowed to use, etc.......
                          You are allowed to use whichever she likes the most lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                            You are allowed to use whichever she likes the most lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Oh she really only prefers this one position. Its her in bed and me on the couch watching westerns.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Bingo ............and now the state gets to tax all that gambling that goes on in EVERY state before long! Smart move..........the ultimate tax on the poor just got re-taxed by the gubment...........lol!!!!
                              Wait..If they shouldn't tell us how to spend our money they shouldn't be able to tax us extra on it either. And how do you tax gambling money? Since most gamblers lose over all they wouldn't be taxed at all... Now the house could be taxed maybe on the juice.

That goes for weed also. Put a regular sales tax on it or say it's bad and keep it illegal. BS to say it's not bad but we're going to make it legal and tax the crap out of it. That's stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X