No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what happened today. I woke up and the scale dropped like a rock. Started the year at 292 and now 263.5

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
      Not sure what happened today. I woke up and the scale dropped like a rock. Started the year at 292 and now 263.5
      Awesome!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
          Awesome!!!
          Thank ya, this was much needed. The mental games were really kicking in hard.

Comment

I see were some talk about being hungry but for me this is the first diet were i'm not hungry and craving more!! I guess I eat to live now instead of living to eat.

One thing i've been doing everyday is I vary amounts of total fats vs total proteins. So if I max my fat for the day I short protein by about 30g (Cardio days) and then the next day do the opposite of max protein and short fat by 30g(Lifting days). No muscle lost and i've been staying in the 60 to 80 ml/dl on my ketones steady since being fat adapted.

Comment

D'aaanng!
              Congrats man!!!! I've been stalled just about completely in 2018. Still losing inches and seeing minor muscle improvement in the mirror, some strength gains (mostly body weight exercises) but scale will not budge. As I'm typing this I'm sipping a skinny dieter green tea and listening to my stomach roaring 15 hours in to IF

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                D'aaanng!
                Congrats man!!!! I've been stalled just about completely in 2018. Still losing inches and seeing minor muscle improvement in the mirror, some strength gains (mostly body weight exercises) but scale will not budge. As I'm typing this I'm sipping a skinny dieter green tea and listening to my stomach roaring 15 hours in to IF
                That was me the past 3 weeks. The scale refused to move. The only different thing I’ve done is add those Exogenous Ketones. I’ve even been eating a little more. 2 days ago, I at 4200 calories. All Keto of course.

Comment

That was me the past 3 weeks. The scale refused to move. The only different thing I’ve done is add those Exogenous Ketones. I’ve even been eating a little more. 2 days ago, I at 4200 calories. All Keto of course.
                  I bought some but have only used them twice since I have not felt like I've been out of ketosis really. Not sure when it's needed or helpful. Pretty much if I have a small cheat, I make a keto coffee the next morning with MCT oil and I'll have a pink to purple pee strip by lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                    I bought some but have only used them twice since I have not felt like I've been out of ketosis really. Not sure when it's needed or helpful. Pretty much if I have a small cheat, I make a keto coffee the next morning with MCT oil and I'll have a pink to purple pee strip by lunch.
                    I’ve taken them 3 times and I’ve noticed a big change on the pee stic a couple hours later. If ketones are the fuel and it comes from fat, just maybe this is an expensive “fat burner”. Will see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

Comment

dbl Post

Comment

Exogenous Ketones seem like a great idea until I did some reading and some stated that it allows you to go from eating 4fats to 1protein and 1carb on a diet based keto plan to a 1to1 ratio with Exogenous Ketones. Sounds to good to be true!! Plus if you add synthetic made ketones to your body, that naturally makes them, over time the body will be less likely to make them and just use whats added.

Hope above doesn't offend anyone I'm just very skeptical of supplements that promise the world.
                        Last edited by Hardware; 03-13-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Really got into fasting and it lead to keto research. Havnt made the plunge but definatly making different food choices.

SEVERAL things posted here that really ARNT keto friendly at all. I wont point stuff out as im too new tho throw stones... but i would HIGHLY suggest reading a few books.

keto-clarity by Eric Westman and Jimmy Moore

The Obiesity Code By Jason Fung

fasting goes hand in hand with keto and makes the diet choice even more powerful

Im 48 hours into a 72 hour fast... working up to a 5 day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                            Exogenous Ketones seem like a great idea until I did some reading and some stated that it allows you to go from eating 4fats to 1protein and 1carb on a diet based keto plan to a 1to1 ratio with Exogenous Ketones. Sounds to good to be true!! Plus if you add synthetic made ketones to your body, that naturally makes them, over time the body will be less likely to make them and just use whats added.

Hope above doesn't offend anyone I'm just very skeptical of supplements that promise the world.
                            I also have issue with taking somthing that your going to test for to see if your in ketosis...if i test for cocaine after snorting an 8 ball... yes it will show up

How many of yall are urine testing and how many blood testing?

Comment

I have a one month supply and I’m on week 1. This is my own experiment and I’m bringing y’all on the ride. Of course you’ll **** hot after just ingesting them. At least you know they are circulating. I was at a plateau for weeks and the only thing that has really changed was I started taking the ketones and I’ve lost 6 lbs. I reached the point were tweaking, fasting and grinding just wasn’t cutting it. I haven’t upped my quantity or quality of exercise and if this helps me get over the hump, then so be it. As far as dietary ratios on and off of Exogenous Ketones, I call BS. I’m not cheating on my diet just because a supplement allows.

Comment

I do blood test every once and a while at work when a coworker brings her ketometer. That’ll be next week again. My last one last week was 0.3 but it was also post workout and I’m sure I used up all my fuel. I haven’t strayed below the 70% fat 25% and 5% carb ratio in over a month.

Comment

Working...
                                X