Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news from granger?

Comment

I'm headed out there this afternoon, looking for number 2 doe, I'm close to sealing the deal it seems about every hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
        I'm headed out there this afternoon, looking for number 2 doe, I'm close to sealing the deal it seems about every hunt.
        Good luck! Get that buck tag.

Comment

Mission complete, doe 2 logged for me, I think he said there were 22 deer with mine and 6 of us buck hunting now..

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
            Mission complete, doe 2 logged for me, I think he said there were 22 deer with mine and 6 of us buck hunting now..
            Congrats!

Comment

Sat with my son this weekend. Covered up with young bucks and couldn't get a shot at the does because of it. As soon as a doe would come in a buck would get on her tail and take her away.
              Saw deer every sit though. Kept my son interested and that's the whole point.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptTank View Post
                Sat with my son this weekend. Covered up with young bucks and couldn't get a shot at the does because of it. As soon as a doe would come in a buck would get on her tail and take her away.
                Saw deer every sit though. Kept my son interested and that's the whole point.
                My first doe came in with a 9 point who was pretty nice. I had to decide wether to shoot her or not risking educating the 9 point that i was around. After 2 seconds I wised up and thought without shooting does i ain't getting a buck tag!!! So down she went!

Comment

Originally posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
                  My first doe came in with a 9 point who was pretty nice. I had to decide wether to shoot her or not risking educating the 9 point that i was around. After 2 seconds I wised up and thought without shooting does i ain't getting a buck tag!!! So down she went!
                  Way to go!!

Comment

I got drawn and still trying to get my first doe. I've seen many, but haven't had a clean shot. Going back out this week sometime. Best of luck!

Comment

I hear folks talking about the rut kicking in in different places around central Texas. Anyone seen anything kicking in at Granger?

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
                        I hear folks talking about the rut kicking in in different places around central Texas. Anyone seen anything kicking in at Granger?
                        I haven't seen any chasing yet. Been hearing that the rut typically starts late november - early december. My second doe i shot on the 3rd came in all by herself. Cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
                          I haven't seen any chasing yet. Been hearing that the rut typically starts late november - early december. My second doe i shot on the 3rd came in all by herself. Cant wait.
                          I haven't seen any rut activity either.

Comment

Rut is started out at Lake GTown

Comment

Slept in!

I'm real happy with myself this morning. It looked like this morning was gonna be a great morning to let the wind out of my buck. I gotta leave the house by 0515 to get to my spot before daylight. Instead of setting my alamr for 0445, I set it for 0545. Perfect! Oh well, maybe tonight.

Comment

Good luck to all you fellas going out this weekend. Especially to the ones that already have their buck tags.

Comment

Working...
                                X