Prayers up!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers Up for Everyone ...

Comment

Dad's been in and out of the hospital for the last few months.

They tried an immunotherapy, that didn't do much of anything.

He's got a semi-permanent drain tube, installed in his abdomen, so he can drain the fluid, that the cancer is producing ... it's up to about 2 liters a day. Previously, he was having it drawn off, at the doctor's office, to the tune of about 4 or 5 liters every 5 or 6 weeks. Now it builds up so fast that in two days there's so much fluid in his body that he has a hard time breathing.

He's home now, but taking dilaudid every 8 hours to control the pain that's a combination of an infection and the progression of the cancer.

Monday he was so weak, and in so much pain that my step mom, Kathleen, said she almost "called" me. Yesterday morning, he felt fine and drove himself to the local gas station where he has coffee with his friends every morning. It's a day to day situation now.

He has another appointment tomorrow, to discuss another chemo pill, but he's already told Kathleen that he doesn't want to start the new pills because of the horrible time he had with the first one and that if the new ones are anything like those that he doesn't want to take them at all.

I think I'm prepared for the future, but I don't have any idea how to explain any of this to Konnor and he loves his PawPaw like you wouldn't believe.

This is going to be a tough Christmas.

Comment

Praying for you and your family.

Comment

Prayers up for you and your family Taxastaxi. I know exactly what you are going through as I lost my father to castration resistant prostate cancer in July. It's a very tough and painful cancer and it hard to see anyone much less your dad go through it. Enjoy him as much as you can & I am super glad to hear that he is home.

Comment

Prayers up for y’all!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Kevin, I'm so sorry to hear this. I lost my dad during the Christmas holiday back in '99... this is still tough for me all these years later. I can totally understand your dad's desire to sort of give up the fight. The Lord will take care of him if He knows Jesus as his savior. Please sir, make sure he has this nailed down. If you need assistance, please reach out to someone to help. I'd be glad to if needed. Konnor is probably a little to young to know what is going on, but with his salvation nailed down, you and Tina can honestly assure him that some day he will be reunited with his grand pa again and will never be separated from him again.

Lord, You know this situation, and You know Your plan for this man and his family. I ask You Lord to heal him if it can be Your will. If however, You have need of him, Lord please take him easily and in peace. Give those left behind comfort in knowing that You have him and have healed him eternally in a restored body for all time. Lord show them Your Love and bathe them in Your grace and mercy. Strengthen them through this trial and draw the to Yourself. Lord we thank You for the birth we celebrate at this time, the birth of Your one and only Son. It is beyond our rational thinking that You'd do such a thing for us, but through faith, You have given us a path to You through His blood. Thank you Lord God for Your Son's sacrifice and it is in His name, Jesus our Savior we pray, Amen.

Kevin, you have all my contact information. You let me know if I can be of assistance. God bless and keep you and your family. I'm praying daily for you sir for strength and perseverance. Your load is heavy but please, lean on the Lord and He will carry you through all this.

Comment

Praying for you and your family. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything. Losing my dad was undoubtedly one of the toughest things I have faced in life, praying you get to enjoy more time with him.

Comment

Sorry to see this Kevin. In my prayers.

Comment

Prayers sent....

Comment

Praying for your dad. Sounds like he is in a great deal of discomfort right now. I pray that the doctors can figure out a solution that rids his body of this cancer and will allow him to heal and go back to a full and pain free life.

Comment

Praying sir

Comment

Prayers to you and your family.

Comment

Well, dadgummit, Kevin! I am so sorry. If it weren’t for bad luck, your family would have no luck at alIll send up some prayers for your dad, wife and all of your family.

How young is your dad?

Comment

Working...
                                X