ladder stand for big guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ladder stand for big guy

looking for a ladder stand that will support myself safely (330 lbs)

doesnt have to be super tall. just sturdy and roomy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Any ladder stand will do it safely if you dont solely rely on the strap to connect it to the tree.
    I set mine against the tree,strap it then drive spikes below the v of the stand then fold them over that v to secure them in place. They will not come down until I want them down

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Any ladder stand will do it safely if you dont solely rely on the strap to connect it to the tree.
      I set mine against the tree,strap it then drive spikes below the v of the stand then fold them over that v to secure them in place. They will not come down until I want them down
      **** good idea, would work for lock-on stands as Well.

Comment

ameristep 15' two-man 500lb wt capacity. I'm 6'1 280lbs im comfy in it.

They are all pretty similar if you get the bench style seats. I just wish the standing platform was bigger.

Comment

Same here ameristep .....plenty of room i even stand on the seat to shoot and get view of area.

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
            ameristep 15' two-man 500lb wt capacity. I'm 6'1 280lbs im comfy in it.

They are all pretty similar if you get the bench style seats. I just wish the standing platform was bigger.

This^^^^^. Walmart has them for $88 Right now

Comment

Around 15 years ago (2003 I think), I bought a Big Game ladder stand that has been in use since I bought it. Still perfect and working great. It was even taller than I needed, so I left off the bottom leg section. Don't remember the name of the specific model, but I just checked their website and The Duo is the closest-looking model now. Large platform (even large enough for me to set a video camera on the platform for filming while hunting). Great stand and no problems.

Comment

Summit solo pro if you like a big platform or a double stand as suggested above.

I was your size last year and never worried about mine. We usually put an extra strap on them for stability.

Comment

thanks everyone for the replies. given me plenty of options!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X