No announcement yet.

Menard county hunting updates 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be there opening weekend and then again the Wednesday after Thanksgiving for 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by The Manager View Post
      I will be there opening weekend and then again the Wednesday after Thanksgiving for 4 days.
      Where are you located?

Comment

Slow between Brady and Menard.. Live Oak Acorns galore, dropping, and the Shin oak are still loaded.

Comment

Fellow lease member went up on Friday and still slow. Of course, it was hot as hell on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by tsnksmith View Post
            Where are you located?
            On 190 just inside Menard county line coming from Brady. Or 12 miles out of Menard coming from Menard.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
              Is anyone going to open up a processing place in town this year?
              I used to carry mine to the place behind Ranch Hand meats.
              Last time I tried they had closed down.
              Anyone know the answer to this?

Comment

The fellow who was behind Ranch House is trying to move up on Hwy. 83 north of the river (Old B&R Garage). I am not sure if he will be open by Nov. 1 or not. I will try to get more details and will let you know what I find out.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Hey Gary, did B&R close or did they move? My brother has relied on those guys for years, but I preferred dealing with the original owner when I had mechanical issues. I was in town the other day and did not even notice that they were closed. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
                    Hey Gary, did B&R close or did they move? My brother has relied on those guys for years, but I preferred dealing with the original owner when I had mechanical issues. I was in town the other day and did not even notice that they were closed. Thanks for the info.
                    The old food place (Branding Iron?), that was a block or so before that, has turned in to a parts/service center. I had a flat fixed there over Labor Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                      The fellow who was behind Ranch House is trying to move up on Hwy. 83 north of the river (Old B&R Garage). I am not sure if he will be open by Nov. 1 or not. I will try to get more details and will let you know what I find out.
                      Adios,
                      Gary
                      Thanks, please do.

Comment

Thanks Capp!

Comment

Hunted Menard county the last couple days off Waddel rd. Good deer movement but nothing worth shooting at.

Comment

Yes, B&R moved down the hill at the old Branding Iron. We missed the rain last weekend, starting to dry out. It was 29 degrees yesterday morning when I dropped the tailgate for my dogs out NW of Menard. Low 40's this morning.
                            Adios,
                            gary

Comment

Thanks for the info Gary!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                                Hunted Menard county the last couple days off Waddel rd. Good deer movement but nothing worth shooting at.
                                I’ll be there bright and shiny Friday morning 🏹

Comment

Working...
                                X