No announcement yet.

Buchanan Downrigging!!! Not to bad....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also keep in mind in the heat of the summer , when water temps get over 85, your looking for that reactionary bite. Stripers get lethargic and aren't hitting the lure to eat they are hitting it out instinct. They may actually only feed once every couple of day. Especially your big fish.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
      ken milam would be proud !
      Max, Kens son, finally put down riggers on his boat for summer time fishing. I fished a lot with max and learned a bunch. Boss is the absolute best downrigger on the lake and his son Graham not far behind.

Comment

Something else gold spoons work well as well as swim baits . Both soft and hard. For every once add above 1oz , reduce the line you put out by 25 ft.

Comment

Shhhh!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
            Shhhh!!!!
            Lol I ain't gonna give up all the secrets like how to troll the contours, ridges. Ledges. The devil is in the details and what I given will get them past first base maybe get to 2nd base so to speak. But I got to know you good before I take ya to 3rd and homeplate .
            Last edited by BrandonA; 07-31-2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

#13 Tony Acetta gold pet spoons.....chartreuse tails..... tail deadly. Umbrella rigs with soft plastics work great as well!

Comment

Originally posted by zero-in View Post
                #13 Tony Acetta gold pet spoons.....chartreuse tails..... tail deadly. Umbrella rigs with soft plastics work great as well!
                I've heard that and I know on Caleveras and Brauning that works great. Pat would use them all time on those lakes. On Buch seemed to catch lots of whites. When I downrig I want a big profile bait because I'm looking for big fish over 15lbs

Comment

Nice boat!!

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                    Nice boat!!
                    Thanks !! Century 2400 Inshore. When Skeeter bought Century they stopped production of this boat and decided to keep the Skeeter CC mold. Horrible decision . The Century 2400 is leap bound better. Best CC I’ve ever fished out of

Comment

How deep?

Nice boat. Makes my Mako look little.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                        How deep?

Nice boat. Makes my Mako look little.

This time of year never set our weights lower than 25ft. Usually between 20-25Ft.

Overall length of RileyTime is 24'10". Lots of room on her.

Comment

You need a fishing partner? I can buy the gas.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                            You need a fishing partner? I can buy the gas.
                            We will get out there at some time. This was a spur of the moment thing. Thats the good thing about downriggers

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              We will get out there at some time. This was a spur of the moment thing. Thats the good thing about downriggers
                              Love that lake - great fishing - nice catch!

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                                Love that lake - great fishing - nice catch!
                                Yes sir!!! One of the best Striper lakes in Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X