• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
    All vehicles lose value, they are not assets they are a liability
    You don't know much about jeep values

Comment

Bought a TJ and a CJ in 1998..Both used .
      Sold CJ for $3K more than I bought it after putting 20K miles on it.
      Traded the TJ in and got close to 5K more than I bought it for- also putting 20K miles on it.. and i didnt get a great deal when i bought them.
      MAYBE spent 1k on each during the time i had them for tires, lights, etc.

They just hold value- and with the right upgrades/accessories, can increase in value.

Comment

They hold a lot of their value unless they are extremely torn up. They're worse than the old diesels when it comes to what people want for them.
        Last edited by jdg13; 02-12-2018, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
          I have never understood why guys pay $15k for a side by side when they can get a 70s or 80s CJ for the same price. I guess it just preference.
          One big reason is that jeep will not go where the side by side will.

Comment

I've got a 1946 willys cj2a that will. Where will that side by side be in 71 years?

Comment

I have never understood why guys pay $15k for a side by side when they can get a 70s or 80s CJ for the same price. I guess it just preference.
              I use to think the same way and swore I'd never by a sxs but about 5 years ago I got on a lease that started out at 11k acres and grew to 18k.. I could take my ranger a lot more places and I could cruise to the stand at 30mph which was 10 miles away.. if I had hunted a 2000 acre place i would have gotten a jeep..

Comment

My Ranger would float over stuff a CJ and trucks would crack your teeth on at my lease at the same speed. I wish I'd have never sold it. It sure made for quick runs to the blind to filll a feeder or pull a card versus what we do today.

Comment

One of the first things I noticed when moving here last year was how much more expensive Jeeps were here than in PA. The difference is rust. They have a lot more rust in PA from all the winter road salting so they are cheaper.

Comment

I bought a 98 TJ 3 years ago with 167,000 miles. Ive put about 2,000 in upgrades to it over that time and I turned down 14,000 for it with 186,000 miles on it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                      I once bought an 83 CJ 7 and 10 years later sold it for the same price I paid for it.
                      This is good to know. I was at a friend's house in Colorado this weekend who has a mint condition, garage kept 83 CJ7 with less than 30k original miles. The only modification was a new top. I was drooling over it and he was wondering if it was worth anything.

Comment

They should loose more value than they do. They are not practical, cant haul a load of lumber or hog panels to the lease for stands and pens.
                        An old toyota truck is a 100% better option for a hunting ride

Comment

I have had my 04 Rubicon for about 5 years. I paid 13k for it. There is not a doubt I’m my mind I could sell it for 15k today.

As far as the new Jeeps, I am not sure how well they hold their value.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            My Ranger would float over stuff a CJ and trucks would crack your teeth on at my lease at the same speed. I wish I'd have never sold it. It sure made for quick runs to the blind to filll a feeder or pull a card versus what we do today.
                            Yeah but the dust etc is terrible on rangers. I know you christoval guys get more rain than we do in the poor boy areas but dust is terrible at our place on a ranger.

Comment

They are like anything else only worth what your willing to pay for it. I never pay over book value regardless.

Comment

Jeeps are a novelty item and the price of new ones is crazy. That's why they hold value; however, let's keep it in perspective. Jeeps hold value better in relation to other vehicles. However, not much different than trucks, a brand new one will still depreciate like a rock until it reaches a certain age range (probably 10 years or so), then it will hold a value above most other vehicles in the same age range.

With that said, you buy a new one pushing $40K, sell it in 10 years for $15K; it's not like you are making money.

Comment

Working...
                                X