What to do with venison chili meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    On a side note, do you have a roux recipe by chance? I can't find anyone that makes it worth a darn so it's time I start doing myself.
    see link below

a roux usually consists of equal parts oil and flour (1/2 cup each). Add oil to cast iron skillet at medium-high heat. Sift in flour and constantly stir with wooden spoon for 30-45 minutes , OR until roux is desired color .. blonde, caramel, brown, dark chocolate. Save any leftover roux in a mason jar and refrigerate

http://www.jfolse.com/fr_rouxs.htm

Comment

make up a big ol patty and chicken fry it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        see link below

a roux usually consists of equal parts oil and flour (1/2 cup each). Add oil to cast iron skillet at medium-high heat. Sift in flour and constantly stir with wooden spoon for 30-45 minutes , OR until roux is desired color .. blonde, caramel, brown, dark chocolate. Save any leftover roux in a mason jar and refrigerate

http://www.jfolse.com/fr_rouxs.htm

Sa-weet! Thank you!!!

Comment

Jerky jerky jerky, did I mention jerky. Hahaha

Comment

I'm doubling down on the Meat loaf

Comment

Originally posted by Easymoney07 View Post
              I have lots of chili meat left over from last year and summer on its way I won't be making stew or chili. Anyone find or come up with a good recipe to use some of this chili meat?
              I don't understand... what is wrong with eating chili in the summer? Do you eat your steak, sausage, hotdogs, and hamburgers cold in the summer?

Comment

Street tacos

Comment

Stir Fry!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mharris1 View Post
                    Regrind it and make summer sausage
                    X2

Comment

Originally posted by Jäger View Post
                      chop steak with onions and brown gravy, just form your steaks nice and tight and coat in olive oil or and egg wash, season how ever you like your regular ribeyes or whatever and grill till desired doneness (insert the i'm starving emoji here) i like a grill on high heat and about medium to slightly medium well
                      This sounds really good just may put it on the dinner list this weekend.

A ton of great ideas on this thread.

Comment

My gosh, it'll keep for another six months, at least. Meanwhile as mentioned above, there are a dozen or more things you can do with it.

One of my faves is Danish meatballs, or "Frickadeller." (Lots of recipes on the Net for this.) My dad always pronounced it fwake'dilluh as his Danish born mom made it regularly. Gravy & mashies..... um, um. I made a batch at home a few years back, and took it on a Colorado elk hunt with some other TBHers. Didn't have any leftovers, so I guess it was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          make up a big ol patty and chicken fry it.

Yum. Can't go wrong with that!

Comment

Working...
                          X