No announcement yet.

Taking on another Child...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good thing you are doing. Like someone says sit down with your wife and go over the ground rules and then sit down with the girl and make sure she understands all the rules. Make her feel loved and treat her as one of your own.

Comment

God bless you for stepping up.

Don't be shy in asking for help.

Comment

Thanks Everyone!! Should be an adventure..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I haven't giggled this much in a long time...

Good on you OP, my girls are 1 and 3 so no advice here but good luck.

Comment

You are awesome for stepping up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Sounds like a good thing you are doing. Like someone says sit down with your wife and go over the ground rules and then sit down with the girl and make sure she understands all the rules. Make her feel loved and treat her as one of your own.
              Bingo!

Comment

I have a 4 yr old who sometimes thinks shes a 15 yr old... That probably doesnt count thou.

Bless you for having the willingness to give this child a healthy home. Kids should never be put in situations like hers but it happens all the time. You and your Wife are good people.

dp

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Excellent advice here

I will say that 15 year old girls are unique, to be nice about it although my genetics in my daughter may have contributed slightly haha...but I'll echo what has already been stated, God bless you! My hat is off to you, WebsterTroy

Comment

i had a daughter who was 15 once,, it was tough but we all survived,, she is now 28 with 3 kids and a 4th on the way,, her and my son in law are very active in church and lead the young adults group, son in law fills in the the pastor a lot when he is gone,,, "raise them up in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it"

a spirit filled church is the best advice i can give,, not a religious one!

Comment

Tough love but treat her with respect. Open a door for her now and then and treat her like a lady. It will rub off on her and she'll find a guy who does the same.

Comment

God Bless and Good Luck...it sounds like Hailey hasn't been dealt the best deck of cards in her young life so far. She is probably wanting some guidence and direction from a male/father figure. She probably feels like adults have let her down so far in her young life. Ask the man upstairs for the patience and guidance you need.

"Remember you can't change yesterday but you can change tomorrow..."

Comment

I think what has been stated is a great start. Every young lady is unique.

Treat her like a lady, show her affection and do the little things to make her feel loved and respected.

Take the time to know her and her reactions. Reinforce your beliefs accordingly.

Comment

Expect a raging ball of hormones, boys sneaking in the window, lies about where she is at or has been, daily drama, weekly trauma, and monthly life altering emergencies.

Maybe all of this wont happen but thats what you should expect.

Comment

my wife and i have 5 children 2 boys and 3 girls. yours mine and ours. they all are great adults now. the trick is to treat each one the same. the're all different
                              personalities, but love each other completely. best of luck with your family. just love them all unconditionally.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Expect a raging ball of hormones, boys sneaking in the window, lies about where she is at or has been, daily drama, weekly trauma, and monthly life altering emergencies.

Maybe all of this wont happen but thats what you should expect.
                                O thanks lol

Comment

Working...
                                X