Wood Pellet Grills??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood Pellet Grills??

I have a BGE and I am kinda getting tired of the whole process of getting it lighted and getting it hot then messing with the vents to get my temp right. Im really considering selling it and getting a Pellet Grill.

I like the idea of being able to set the temp and not worry about it.. Plus starting it is super easy..

I like to do a reverse sear on my steaks so the fact it wont get super hot isnt a huge deal..

What is your opinion??

I love my Camp Chef. I do the reverse sear on steaks as well using the smoker. It will get up to about 500 degrees. Only thing I wasn’t crazy about were my smoke rings. All pellet and electric smokers are only intermittent smoke. Bought an Amazen 18” smoker tube. Fill it with pellets light it and voila constant smoke and nice rings. I don’t even have a gas grill anymore after buying mine

Comment

All I use anymore. You will like it. I grill and smoke.

Comment

Several threads on here about them. I have a green mountain grill pellet smoker and love it. Its grate has a sliding design that covers/ uncovers holes to basically cook direct like a grill or close em up and go low and slow. I almost always toss things ( even burgers) on low and then slide it over and crank it up for a little color and everything comes out juicy snd medium. The ol weber doesnt see much action anymore and never owned a gas grill. I didnt get the bluetooth controller but it can be upgraded later if you choose. Shoulda grabbed one a few weeks ago they always do $100 or more off for fathers day, mothers day and maybe others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Subscribed.

Comment

I’ve got a champ chef with the sear box. Makes it to dang easy and I love it!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8931.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	24543736Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	24543737

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
              I’ve got a champ chef with the sear box. Makes it to dang easy and I love it!
              [ATTACH]913765[/ATTACH][ATTACH]913766[/ATTACH]

those look great

Comment

I bought a Green Mountain Daniel Boone about a month ago. I really like it so far. I haven’t tried brisket on it yet, but the ribs were good. I reverse sear my steaks too.

From all my research the Green Mountain grills temperature control is a lot more accurate and constant than the Traegers, Pit Boss, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                  those look great
                  X2

Comment

Love my Pit Boss!

Comment

I love my Yoder. I went from 5 coolers down to just a flattop griddle and a pellet grill/smoker and can do anything I want to with them.

Comment

Originally posted by cbarnes View Post
                        Love my Pit Boss!
                        X2 cook everything on it. From biscuits and pizza, to steaks and pork chops, to ribs and brisket, and even veggies.

It is truly a set it and forget it. One recommendation I would give is to get a smoke tube for added smoke when doing traditional BBQ like brisket and pork butts.

Comment

Get a Yoder, a pellet smoker you can sear steaks on with the sear plates.

Carne asada here.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Texas276; 06-30-2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I’ve got a traeger but will probably get a Yoder my next go around.

Comment

Did my first brisket on my new Traeger today

It was 10 out of 10!

Comment

Working...
                              X